News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Favorite Christian Denomination

Started by Queequeg, October 22, 2013, 01:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite Christian Denomination or Movement?

Mainline Catholic
11 (25.6%)
Other Catholic
0 (0%)
Orthodox
4 (9.3%)
Oriental Orthodox
0 (0%)
Other Non-Catholic Eastern
0 (0%)
Gnostic Sillyness
4 (9.3%)
Pre-Lutheran Nicene Movement (Hussites, Lollards)
0 (0%)
Lutheran
6 (14%)
Anglican, including other members of Anglican Communion
3 (7%)
Mainline Calvinist
0 (0%)
Other Reformed, Methodist
2 (4.7%)
Baptist
0 (0%)
Anabaptist
0 (0%)
Quaker, Shaker
4 (9.3%)
American Evangelicalism
0 (0%)
Pentecostal
0 (0%)
Other Radical Reformed (Mennonite)
0 (0%)
Other Protestant
0 (0%)
Misc. Other
1 (2.3%)
Rastafarian, Mormon
1 (2.3%)
Death to the kafir
1 (2.3%)
All equally worthless
6 (14%)

Total Members Voted: 42

viper37

Quote from: Queequeg on October 22, 2013, 01:29:55 PM
Not asking for belief, but rather which you find most culturally and intellectually appealing. 
non practicing catholic, the way it's done in Quebec. :)
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Phillip V

Quote from: citizen k on October 22, 2013, 10:54:23 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 22, 2013, 09:06:01 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on October 22, 2013, 09:02:19 PM
Which Christian denomination should be burned at the stake?
But if you want the most historically correct answer (in the sense of the ones that did get burned at the stake) go with the Gnostics.

I'd say Anabaptists.

Delicious. :)

The Larch

11 poll choices for different brands of protestantism, really?

CountDeMoney

I do prefer the term "mainline" Catholic over "mainstream" Catholic, anyway.  It sorta gives it a Tarantino IV-drug-use-is-kinda-cool-and-hip-as-long-as-you-manage-it-properly appeal.

The Larch

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 23, 2013, 07:54:16 AM
I do prefer the term "mainline" Catholic over "mainstream" Catholic, anyway.  It sorta gives it a Tarantino IV-drug-use-is-kinda-cool-and-hip-as-long-as-you-manage-it-properly appeal.

I had you for a plain "Roman Catholic" kind of guy. Either that or just One True Church.

CountDeMoney

There is only One True Church with its home office in Rome, and I am nestled in the Love of Her Bosom.

"Mainline" sounds nice, though.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 22, 2013, 10:10:28 PM
Papists are the best in the sack.

At least it gave an opening for one of the all time best lines.

You Catholic girls start much too late. Sooner or later it comes down to fate. I might as well, will be the one

Queequeg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 23, 2013, 07:54:16 AM
It's "Mainline Protestant" rather than "Mainstream Protestant", Mainline seems less like an endorsement for some reason. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

It's use as an adjective more or less synonymous with mainstream is common knowledge.  I didn't even know it could be used for drug usage.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

I thought it had to do with ship rigging.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017