"Pro Life" Movement Member Kills Abortion Doctor

Started by alfred russel, May 31, 2009, 02:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faeelin

I dunno. If you truly believe abortion is murder, then shouldn't you laud this guy's, umm, mutfrt, even if you recognize that the price of breaking the law is whatever should be required? I recognize there are people who are pro-life who are pacifists, but otherwise... I dunno.

I don't agree, and am being somewhat needlessly provocatory, but I'm curious why this shouldn't be a heroic case of civil disobedience.

PDH

QuoteChrist Kills Two, Injures Seven In Abortion-Clinic Attack

HUNTSVILLE, AL–Jesus Christ, son of God and noted pro-life activist, killed two and critically wounded seven others when He opened fire in the waiting room of a Huntsville abortion clinic Tuesday.

Security guards at the Women's Medical Clinic of Huntsville were able to disarm the Messiah before He could reload His weapon, a secondhand Glock 9mm pistol that authorities said He purchased legally at a Jackson, MS, sporting-goods store. "Abortion is a sin," said Christ as He was led away in handcuffs. "It is an abomination in the eyes of Me." Witnesses said the attack, which took the lives of Dr. Nelson Woodring, 51, and clinic nurse Danielle Costa, 29, came from "out of nowhere."

"He walked up to the admissions desk and asked if He could see Dr. Woodring," receptionist Iris Reid said. "The next thing I knew, He was shouting Biblical verses and opening fire on everything moving."

"It was horrible," said injured clinic nurse Jessica Combs, recovering at a local hospital with bullet wounds to the leg and abdomen. "He put his hands over Dr. Woodring's head and told him He forgave him for his sins, and then He shot him right in the face." Huntsville police officials are not certain how the Messiah was able to bypass clinic guards and proceed undetected past security cameras and into the clinic waiting room, where He produced the gun from its hiding place in the folds of His robe. Federal investigators are similarly baffled, saying that the heavily armed Christ had moved in "mysterious ways."

Speaking to reporters from His holding cell, Christ, 33, said He had "no regrets" about what He had done. "As I said in John 16:21, every life is precious," Christ said. "This means every life, not just those who have already been born. My father, the Lord, feels the same way I do. In Jeremiah 1:5, He said unto the prophet Jeremiah, 'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.' The unborn fetus is a sacred, living creation of my Father in Heaven and should be treated as such."

Added Christ: "What if the Virgin Mary had decided to abort me? Certainly she must have been tempted to do so. After all, it wasn't even her decision to conceive me in the first place. But in the end, she made the right decision, bringing her pregnancy to term and giving the world a Savior. Blessed is she among women." According to legal experts, if convicted, Christ could face the death penalty.

"The state of Alabama has the death penalty, and this crime is certainly the sort that would be construed as a capital offense," University of Michigan law professor Arthur Lipscomb said. "With the right judge and jury, Christ could very well be put to death yet again." In such a case, Lipscomb said, Alabama would likely use lethal injection rather than crucifixion. Christ said He is unafraid of the prospect of execution. "Those who know me know that I am willing to die for the sins of others, whether those sins be avarice, slothfulness, false idolatry or the butchering of unborn life," Christ said. "The bottom line is, abortion stops a beating heart." Tuesday's shooting is not Christ's first brush with the law. On April 8, 29, He was arrested in the Roman province of Judea for alleged false claims to the throne of the Kingdom of Israel. On Jan. 11, 1996, He and six other pro-life activists were jailed for blocking the entrance to a Cheektowaga, NY, abortion clinic. In October 1997, He was arrested for plotting to mail anthrax-laced packages to two dozen abortion doctors across the U.S. "Abortion is an abomination. It is a sin. It is murder," Christ said. "I only did what any good Christian would have done." Christ's followers have been overwhelmingly supportive of their leader.

"As it says in Psalm 139:13-16, 'For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb. My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body,'" said Ralph Anson of the Houston-based Every Life Is Precious. "Those people at that clinic were killers, and they deserved to die." "We may not understand everything He does, but we must believe it is for the best," said Rev. Joseph Abernathy, minister at First United Baptist Church of Huntsville. "As Christians, it is not our duty to question what our Savior does. We can only live according to His example."
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

PRC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 31, 2009, 07:30:55 PM
And their availability happens to be necessary.
One day before birth, "necessary", one day after birth...

pimpicus

Quote from: PRC on May 31, 2009, 08:38:48 PM

You know that isn't the case. I think the limit on abortion in the US is 28 weeks, and some states restrict it to earlier than that.

If you're a fan of Amanda Palmer or abortion you need to watch this video though. Pro-lifers may want to stay away.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C17yfGyJjM

Eddie Teach

Quote from: alfred russel on May 31, 2009, 02:39:48 PM
If Tiller was slain because of his work, he would be the fourth U.S. physician killed by abortion opponents since 1993. In addition, a nurse at a Birmingham, Alabama, clinic was maimed and an off-duty police officer was killed in a 1998 bombing by Eric Rudolph, who included abortion among his list of anti-government grievances.

Yes, clearly it is the pro-life movement/Christianity at fault rather than faulty wiring in the killers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 01, 2009, 12:08:44 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 31, 2009, 02:39:48 PM
If Tiller was slain because of his work, he would be the fourth U.S. physician killed by abortion opponents since 1993. In addition, a nurse at a Birmingham, Alabama, clinic was maimed and an off-duty police officer was killed in a 1998 bombing by Eric Rudolph, who included abortion among his list of anti-government grievances.

Yes, clearly it is the pro-life movement/Christianity at fault rather than faulty wiring in the killers.

What about the 911 attackers? Was it Islam/Islamism at fault or faulty wiring in them?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on June 01, 2009, 12:19:05 AM
What about the 911 attackers? Was it Islam/Islamism at fault or faulty wiring in them?

I wouldn't blame Islam as a whole, but there's certainly a large group within it that has been systematically carrying out murders and bombings based on their religious/political beliefs.

My post was deadpan sarcasm, of course. My point was that the abortion doctor killings were isolated incidents. In fact, considering the size of the population that considers what they're doing to be legalized murder, it's remarkably low. Operation Rescue is one of the most radical anti-abortion groups out there(they're the ones who block clinics) and even they condemned the shooting. There's just not the network out there to support terrorist acts on the same scale as the Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PRC on May 31, 2009, 08:38:48 PM

A woman has the right to abort a kid with catastrophic prenatal defects, particularly when she doesn't possess the ability to deal with a kid without a skull, or a spinal cord.

Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 01, 2009, 12:37:24 AM
My post was deadpan sarcasm, of course. My point was that the abortion doctor killings were isolated incidents. In fact, considering the size of the population that considers what they're doing to be legalized murder, it's remarkably low. Operation Rescue is one of the most radical anti-abortion groups out there(they're the ones who block clinics) and even they condemned the shooting. There's just not the network out there to support terrorist acts on the same scale as the Islamists.

Yeah, right.  That's why James Kopp, the killer of Dr. Slepian, was finally found in Europe, bouncing from safe house to safe house hidden by Operation Rescuetards for 3 years.  No network at all.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2009, 05:11:02 AM
Yeah, right.  That's why James Kopp, the killer of Dr. Slepian, was finally found in Europe, bouncing from safe house to safe house hidden by Operation Rescuetards for 3 years.  No network at all.

Yeah and some of the radical 70s activists bounced around for decades. Doesn't change the fact that they were part of Mickey Mouse operations.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 01, 2009, 05:30:58 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2009, 05:11:02 AM

Yeah and some of the radical 70s activists bounced around for decades. Doesn't change the fact that they were part of Mickey Mouse operations.

You anti-choicetards are all the same.

Malthus

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 01, 2009, 05:06:57 AM
Say that reminds me, how'd you get that kid so darn fast? Me and Dot went in to adopt on account a' somethin' went wrong with my semen, and they said we had to wait five years for a healthy white baby. I said, "Healthy white baby? Five years? What else you got?" Said they got two Koreans and a negra born with his heart on the outside. It's a crazy world.

Posting this almost makes up for your retarded stance on the issue :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Well, it's been a while, so I guess we were overdue for this. At least all the Christian organizations are falling over themselves to condemn it.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers