News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What if in heaven...

Started by merithyn, October 16, 2013, 08:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on October 17, 2013, 07:08:54 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on October 17, 2013, 05:14:45 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 17, 2013, 02:29:00 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 17, 2013, 02:27:40 PM
There are no whore pills in heaven  :)

There is no need, I hear it is populated only by virgins

:mmm:

You know there's a reason they're virgins.

They have the blu ray Star Trek sets.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Brain

Quote from: Neil on October 17, 2013, 05:19:58 PM
Quote from: The Brain on October 17, 2013, 02:49:54 PM
I'm going to Valhalla. Unless I die in bed of course.
Not valorous enough.  If you really wanted to get to Valhalla, you'd go all Breivik on some anti-nuke Swedes or something.

I have yet to decide on a spree.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 17, 2013, 05:14:45 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on October 17, 2013, 02:29:00 PM
There is no need, I hear it is populated only by virgins

:mmm:

Yeah, my idea of heaven is somebody that hasn't learned how to give a decent blow job.

The Brain

You'll learn quickly. Do they let blacks into heaven btw?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

CountDeMoney

grumbler

Quote from: fhdz on October 17, 2013, 08:56:42 AM
In heaven:

The police are British, the chefs are Italian, the mechanics are German, the lovers are French, and everything is organized by the Swiss.

In hell:

The police are German, the chefs are British, the mechanics are French, the lovers are Swiss, and everything is organized by the Italians.
You mis-stated the joke, slightly.  It's not "everything is organized by," it's "the bankers are..."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Eddie Teach

Do you know a version that includes Sumerians and Hittites?  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

grumbler

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on October 18, 2013, 06:35:49 AM
Do you know a version that includes Sumerians and Hittites?  :)

No.  Go ahead and tell it, if you remember how to translate it from your mother tongue.  :)
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Sumerian, hell, damned near killed 'em!

Eddie Teach

In hell, the bosses are Egyptians, the lovers are Hittites and the soldiers are Sumerian.

In heaven, the bosses are Hebrew, the lovers are Hebrew and the soldiers are Hebrew.

If memory serves...  :sleep:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Siege

I thought this thread was about the Republic of Heaven attacking the Manticoran Kingdom.

Just so you know, Heaven and Manticore are now allies against the Solarian League and the Mesan Alignment.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Barrister

Quote from: Siege on October 24, 2013, 09:50:50 AM
I thought this thread was about the Republic of Heaven attacking the Manticoran Kingdom.

Just so you know, Heaven and Manticore are now allies against the Solarian League and the Mesan Alignment.

Good to know, Seige. 

Good. To. Know.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Siege

What? Whatever happens in the Honorverse is very important.

It is the best story about how humankind would have expanded across the stars without the Technological Singularity.

Of course, the singularity will happen long before we make it to the stars, which means we are not going to colonize any planets.
A post-singularity civilization needs no colonies, and very little natural resources.
We might still explore the Galaxy, but it will be for the sake of exploration and knowledge, not looking for colonies or resources.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"