And we're back!

Main Menu

General Giap dies at 102

Started by Jacob, October 04, 2013, 11:22:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: PDH on October 05, 2013, 08:59:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 05, 2013, 08:54:25 PM

:mad: Man you just totally went on my shitlist.  MAY THE CARDS FOREVER LOSE IN FOUR.

Wow, Valmy went all Murat on Spicey.  A frontal assault that managed to destroy the baggage train too.  Now I wonder if he can counter charge and get out of there.

I always fight with maximum elan! :frog:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: PDH on October 05, 2013, 08:59:53 PM

:mad: Man you just totally went on my shitlist.  MAY THE CARDS FOREVER LOSE IN FOUR.

Wow, Valmy went all Murat on Spicey.  A frontal assault that managed to destroy the baggage train too.  Now I wonder if he can counter charge and get out of there.

He wore all his horses out.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

He had magnificent fashion sense.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Funeral yesterday. They used a 105mm Howitzer instead of a hearse.

derspiess

105?  They had to use something they stole from our guys??
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on October 14, 2013, 03:06:46 PM
105?  They had to use something they stole from our guys??

Surely the Soviets supplied 105s, no?

And I'm pretty sure the US 105 doesn't have a built-in incense burner. :contract:

derspiess

Soviets never used a 105mm howitzer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

mongers

It wasn't a US 105mm, but a ww2 era howitzer, not doubt 11b4v will tell us exactly which model it is, video here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24512399

edit:

I think it was a M30 - 122 mm howitzer M1938
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on October 14, 2013, 03:55:00 PM
It wasn't a US 105mm, but a ww2 era howitzer, not doubt 11b4v will tell us exactly which model it is, video here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24512399

The base gun is M30 or Chicom Type 54 122mm Howitzer. The Ho chi's added the other BS.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on October 05, 2013, 08:46:37 PM
All that was an accomplishment, save for the very last part.  It was the French.

I am going to call Art Briles and see if he can go for 100.

Now I regret rooting for Texas last week.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?