11 counties to vote on seceding from Colorado because it's too liberal

Started by Syt, October 12, 2013, 11:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

OttoVonBismarck

I'm always split between outrage at the grave injustice that was stealing the western counties from the Commonwealth of Virginia and the fact that I'm mostly glad the people west of the Appalachians aren't part of the State at present.

Neil

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 13, 2013, 12:31:00 PM
I'm always split between outrage at the grave injustice that was stealing the western counties from the Commonwealth of Virginia and the fact that I'm mostly glad the people west of the Appalachians aren't part of the State at present.
Was it really an injustice though?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: derspiess on October 13, 2013, 09:39:39 AM
Good for them. Colorado used to have a good balance of hippies and normal people. Now there are way too many hippies that have moved in.

Sounds like the "normal people" are whiny magical-thinkers.  Colorado definitely has too many of those.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Neil on October 13, 2013, 01:07:28 PM

They still have plenty to go around in Virginia as it is.  Everybody south of Frednecksburg.

OttoVonBismarck

I don't see how it wasn't, the Constitution prohibits dividing States without the consent of the State involved. Right there in Article IV of the Constitution. Virginia never approved the splitting off of the western counties.

Neil

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 13, 2013, 01:52:02 PM
I don't see how it wasn't, the Constitution prohibits dividing States without the consent of the State involved. Right there in Article IV of the Constitution. Virginia never approved the splitting off of the western counties.
Inter arma enim silent leges.  When Virginia took up arms against the law, they got what they deserved.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Neil

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on October 13, 2013, 01:52:02 PM

I believe that Virginia did approve, post-war.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Neil

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)