News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Wendy Davis running for Governor of Texas

Started by merithyn, October 04, 2013, 08:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on October 04, 2013, 11:14:31 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 10:16:34 AMI'm not big on fast food burgers, but I like their Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger (w/ lettuce only).

You should try it with a beef patty, bacon, and cheese as well; I suspect it's even better than only lettuce :)

That's funny as hell.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on October 04, 2013, 11:28:45 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 11:20:03 AM
That's funny as hell.

Would you say that's something that bothers you? :)

Nah, you're good :hug:

FWIW, that's the only way I can order it at Wendy's without them having goof it up somehow.  I used to order it explicitly without tomatoes and without mayo, and almost half the time I'd end up with-- tomatoes & mayo, no lettuce :bleeding:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 10:16:34 AMI'm not big on fast food burgers, but I like their Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger (w/ lettuce only).

You should try it with a beef patty, bacon, and cheese as well; I suspect it's even better than only lettuce :)

That's funny as hell.

I was actually surprised that Dairy Queen is making Orange Julius.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 11:09:35 AM
Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2013, 11:08:30 AM
Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 11:00:33 AM
The gals at work call me "sweetie", "babe", etc. and somehow it never occurred to me to get all offended.

Great for you.  Not really sure how that is relevent to the article though.

'Something not really comparable at all happens to me and I am cool with it'

It's relevant to Meri's little commentary on the article.

In the article it was pretty clear those sorts of terms were being used in the context of a meatmarket kind of setting, and that was one of the very minor ways it manifested.  If all that was going on was a few very professional male co-workers were calling females 'honey' who they knew and worked with on a daily basis then yeah that is no big deal at all.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on October 04, 2013, 11:31:34 AM
Nah, you're good :hug:

FWIW, that's the only way I can order it at Wendy's without them having goof it up somehow.  I used to order it explicitly without tomatoes and without mayo, and almost half the time I'd end up with-- tomatoes & mayo, no lettuce :bleeding:

Yeah I never want to make it too complicated for those Fast Food Employees.  They do not really give a shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Quote from: 11B4V on October 04, 2013, 11:31:58 AM

That's funny as hell.

I was actually surprised that Dairy Queen is making Orange Julius.

Yes! The Wife got one the other day, I had not had one in ages!
She was pissed at the amount I left in the cup when I returned it to her after a "taste".
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ed Anger

The Dairy Queen Orange Julius doesn't taste like I remember.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Savonarola

Quote from: Valmy on October 04, 2013, 09:29:23 AM
Our education strategy is to import educated people from Asia in large numbers.

That's the strategy for the entire country.  You'll discover this yourself if you go on to get your MSEE.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

Quote from: merithyn on October 04, 2013, 10:09:08 AM
That's be one hell of a kick in the teeth to Republicans, losing Texas' governorship. They might actually start jettisoning the Tea Partiers then.

It is going to happen. Maybe not right away, but soon. People think of Texas as some super conservative state, and the Republicans act like it is, but the demographics are changing.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Scipio

You put tits and brains on a Texas democrat, and you'll be surprised what the average cowboy subscribes to.

And if you think that's sexist, I got a lot more in that department.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on October 04, 2013, 10:53:36 AM
Point is it is totally unprofessional behaviour, even if you are the biggest neanderthal mysoginist around.  :lol:
There's no evidence the Neanderthal's were misogynist!

That's racist stereotyping! :angry:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Indeed, it was probably widespread acceptance of equality for women that led to them being supplanted by the Cro-Magnon.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?