NFL Week 5: When playoff baseball just doesn't do it for you

Started by CountDeMoney, October 03, 2013, 09:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Kodiak yanked Schaub?  That's gotta hurt.

Overheard Chris Collins talking about the only fear he had when he was playing, which was the fear of embarrassing himself, in the context of Schaub's current run.

citizen k

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 06, 2013, 10:00:07 PM
Yates threw a pick6 too?  I turned it off and am watching some DVRd shows right now.

No, but they had another turnover.

Admiral Yi

Who would you rather have as your blocking assignment: Sooh or Watt?

MadBurgerMaker

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Admiral Yi on October 06, 2013, 10:06:33 PM
Who would you rather have as your blocking assignment: Sooh or Watt?

I'd go with Watt.  Suh is more likely to do something crazy and actively try to permanently cripple you.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Neil on October 06, 2013, 03:31:23 PM
It's interesting how all the talking heads keep trying to say that the NFC is so much better than the AFC, but when they play head to head the AFC almost always wins.

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

I said almost.  This one win by San Francisco doesn't change the fact that the AFC has been killing it all year,
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Neil on October 06, 2013, 11:05:31 PM
I said almost.  This one win by San Francisco doesn't change the fact that the Broncos have been killing it all year,

Ftfy

I'm not sold on the chiefs or Indy.  And the AFC East never counts.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Neil

In Week 1:  Jets over Bucs, Bears over Bengals.  1-1
in Week 2:  Chargers over Eagles, Chiefs over Cowboys, Bills over Panthers, Broncos over Giants.  4-0
In Week 3:  Chiefs over Eagles, Patriots over Bucs, Bengals over Packers, Browns over Vikings, Dolphins over Falcons, Colts over 49ers, Seahawks over Jags, Bears over Steelers.  6-2
In Week 4:  Vikings over Steelers, Chiefs over Giants, Seahawks over Texans, Redskins over Raiders, Broncos over Eagles, Chargers over Cowboys, Patriots over Falcons, Saints over Dolphins.  4-4
In Week 5:  Colts over Seahawks, Rams over Jaguars, Broncos over Cowboys, 49ers over Texans 2-2.

17-9 isn't quite as bad as I thought, but it's pretty clear that the AFC is better top to bottom.  Except for Jacksonville.  They're just the worst.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Alcibiades

Though the seahawks lost today, I think they're probably the best team in the NFC, and the Broncos are obviously the best team in the AFC.

There are a lot of teams you mention, but I dont think most of them matter in all reality.   The only teams that really matter right now if you can project to the playoffs, in my opinion, are Broncos, Seahawks, Saints.  KC, Indy, and Pats and Niners are wild cards in my opinion, heck maybe even the bungles on that list.

Jets/bucs, bears?  Chargers/eagles, Bills/panthers?  I can't read any more of that list.

sbr

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 07, 2013, 12:28:00 AM
Though the seahawks lost today, I think they're probably the best team in the NFC, and the Broncos are obviously the best team in the AFC.

There are a lot of teams you mention, but I dont think most of them matter in all reality.   The only teams that really matter right now if you can project to the playoffs, in my opinion, are Broncos, Seahawks, Saints.  KC, Indy, and Pats and Niners are wild cards in my opinion, heck maybe even the bungles on that list.

Jets/bucs, bears?  Chargers/eagles, Bills/panthers?  I can't read any more of that list.

That's just neat.  Not sure what it has to do with Neil's original point.  So far when the AFC play the NFC the AFC has won more.

Some dumbass trying to project playoff team in the first week of October doesn't really change that.

Alcibiades

Im sorry the pats suck and you're being a whiny bitch, don't take it out on me.

Alcibiades

And since you're feeling a little slow today, his point was that he thinks there are more quality teams in the AFC than the NFC, I disagree.

:console:

sbr

sbr

Quote from: Alcibiades on October 07, 2013, 12:46:58 AM
And since you're feeling a little slow today, his point was that he thinks there are more quality teams in the AFC than the NFC, I disagree.

:console:

OK.  We will take you opinion over the win-loss record so far. :rolleyes: