NFL Week 5: When playoff baseball just doesn't do it for you

Started by CountDeMoney, October 03, 2013, 09:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 07, 2013, 10:40:54 PM
You're not really reading what you're typing.  If a QB is putting up "hall of fame" numbers and his team is losing, there is something wrong with the team.  The QB should not be having to bring the team back or run the two minute drill throwing the ball all over the field after his offense puts up "hall of fame" numbers on the scoreboard.

Yeah well not all of the defeats have come in this exact same fashion.  And yes it makes no sense that is what is so amazing about it.  I have never seen anything like this.  He is the Marty Schottenheimer of players.

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Neil

LOL Falcons.

As for Romo, it seems to me that he wins the Cowboys more games than he loses.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on October 07, 2013, 10:40:54 PM
You're not really reading what you're typing.  If a QB is putting up "hall of fame" numbers and his team is losing, there is something wrong with the team.  The QB should not be having to bring the team back or run the two minute drill throwing the ball all over the field after his offense puts up "hall of fame" numbers on the scoreboard.  They should be running the clock out and taking knees.

What does that have to do with ROmo sucking?

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on October 07, 2013, 10:43:51 PM
Yeah well not all of the defeats have come in this exact same fashion.

That's the whole point, dude.

None (or at least next to none) have come in this fashion.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Neil on October 07, 2013, 10:48:44 PM
LOL Falcons.

As for Romo, it seems to me that he wins the Cowboys more games than he loses.

He does, unfortunately.

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

CountDeMoney

Quote from: PDH on October 07, 2013, 10:53:55 PM
And a Y.A. Tittle reference falls to the wayside :(

I appreciated it, as all those who believe they are over the hill appreciate Tittle.
Poor old bastard had to play with an experimental plexiglass face mask one year.

katmai

Sucks to be a Falcon fan atm,

QuoteHey, Falcons fans! Think things couldn't get worse for your team after falling to 1-4 and losing two straight nationally televised games? Think again!

That's right, Julio Jones, the second-leading receiver in the NFL (after New Orleans' Jimmy Graham), the guy who makes unbelievable circus-catch plays that keep Atlanta in games their defense plays them out of, is apparently out for the year with a foot injury. Jones was observed limping after Monday night's loss to the Jets, and it's clear that the injury was more serious than anyone had believed at the time.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Neil

Poor Gonzalez.  He thought he was going to come back to a Ray Lewis-style ride to glory, but instead he's not even going to get to the playoffs this year.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

A co-worker originally from Cleveland is all full of himself over his team's surprise winning record at this point.  After some thought, I'm gonna let him have his moment :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadBurgerMaker

Oh this is nice.  Some mooks showed up at Schaub's house to talk some shit and.....take photos of his family?  Yeah that's not weird or creepy at all...

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2013/10/08/fans-accost-matt-schaub-at-his-home/

derspiess

Yeah, the pizza promotion was funny.  Shit like this is way, way, way over the line.  Carson Palmer was dealing with some similar shit here, though it didn't make the news.

Texans are just weird with their football #knoxcitygreyhounds
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Looks like Aldon Smith will be spending some time in jail due to being a gun nut.

Neil

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on October 09, 2013, 11:13:06 AM
A co-worker originally from Cleveland is all full of himself over his team's surprise winning record at this point.  After some thought, I'm gonna let him have his moment :)

For someone who is a legitimate Browns fan, that seems only charitable. :)
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.