News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Motorcyclists pull over, beat SUV driver

Started by garbon, October 01, 2013, 01:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

http://news.yahoo.com/nypd-motorcyclists-pull-over-beat-suv-driver-120941279.html

QuoteA man driving with his family along a New York City highway was attacked and beaten by a large group of motorcyclists who first surrounded his SUV and stopped it on the road, then chased him for miles after he plowed through the blockade of bikes in an attempt to escape.

One biker suffered two broken legs and other severe injuries when the SUV ran over him, police said. A second biker suffered a leg injury. The driver, who was traveling with his wife and toddler, was taken to a hospital where he required stitches to his face.

The frightening assault on the 33-year-old man began around 1:30 p.m. Sunday on Manhattan's West Side Highway and was partially captured on a helmet-mounted video camera worn by one of the riders involved in the chase.

A portion of the video posted on the Internet by an unidentified user shows a large group of bikers swarming around the Range Rover as it heads north on the highway. One of the bikers then moves into the SUV's lane and rides briefly alongside the vehicle, peering in through the driver's side window. It isn't clear from the video what the driver might have done to anger the motorcyclist.

The biker then cuts in front of the Range Rover and, still staring at the driver, suddenly slows down. It isn't captured on the video, but the motorcycle and SUV bumped, police said.

The motorcyclists, 20 to 30 in all, then come to a complete halt on the highway, blocking the SUV's path. Some dismount and approach the vehicle. Police said some of the bikers then began damaging the Range Rover, which isn't clear from the video.

The video shows the SUV suddenly accelerating, bouncing over at least one of the motorcycles and its rider as others scramble to get out of the way. The cyclists give chase, pursuing the driver for about 2 1/2 miles. At one point, the bikers succeed in getting the SUV to stop. One ripped open the driver's door, but he sped away.

The chase ended when the SUV exited the highway and got stuck in traffic on a city street. The video shows one biker using his helmet to smash the driver's window. Police said the group then pulled the man from the SUV and beat him, although that part isn't shown on the recording posted online. The police department confirmed that the video circulating online is authentic.

Police didn't identify the driver, who was not charged. His wife and child were not injured.

On Tuesday, police arrested the biker who was involved in the initial accident. Christopher Cruz, 28, of Passaic, N.J., was charged with reckless endangerment, reckless driving, endangering the welfare of a child and menacing. He was not injured. Cruz was in custody awaiting arraignment Tuesday and hadn't yet been assigned a lawyer. A woman who answered a phone number listed in some records as being connected with the address where Cruz lives said she didn't speak English and hung up the phone.

Police distributed an image of two bikers they said were involved in the chase and said they were wanted for assault.

Police believe some of the bikers belong to a gang known as Hollywood Stuntz. They said the motorcyclists were part of a planned but unauthorized event in which hundreds of riders gathered outside of Manhattan, with the intent of driving into Times Square en masse.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

sbr

Range Rover in Manhatten?  Probably deserved it.

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Ideologue

No kidding.  Haven't you ever seen Mad Max?  Never stop when confronted by bikers.  Just run them over.  Easy.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

I saw this yesterday on the Russian dash cam site.  Some time from the middle of the clip on, it felt so much like GTA IV.  The only thing missing was the Range Rover swerving around to clean up that mess of upright bikes surrounding him.

Darth Wagtaros

The family of the bikers are pissed at the car driver for not allowing himself and his family to be beaten up instead of trying to get away.
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quotea gang known as Hollywood Stuntz

:bleeding:  They deserve getting run over.

Ed Anger

I like it when they pop wheelies on the interstate and wreck.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Iormlund

Quote from: sbr on October 01, 2013, 02:01:54 PM

:yes:
When I'm in charge everyone who drives a SUV without mud stains will be deported to Siberia.

garbon

Quote from: Iormlund on October 01, 2013, 06:13:26 PM
Quote from: sbr on October 01, 2013, 02:01:54 PM

:yes:
When I'm in charge everyone who drives a SUV without mud stains will be deported to Siberia.

But that will never happen. :)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ed Anger on October 01, 2013, 06:08:08 PM
I like it when they pop wheelies on the interstate and wreck.

Unfortunately, it's rare for them to do it by themselves.  They usually take a soccer mom, simple college coed or WW2 vet with them.

Caliga

My last employer, among other lines of business, ran skilled nursing facilities.  The most common type of patient had dementia (typically Alzheimer's).  The second most common type of patient had mental retardation from birth or due to some early brain injury.  The next most common type of patient had brain injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

lulz, here's a listing of the greatest two-wheeled hits about town, going back about 6 months or so...

QuoteMan Dies After Crashing Motorcycle At Md. Home
Police in Montgomery County say a man has died after he lost control of his motorcycle and crashed it into his home in Montgomery Village.

Man Killed, Woman Injured In Md. Motorcycle Crash
State police say a man died and a woman was injured after he lost control of the motorcycle they were riding in Frederick County.

Motorcycle Operator Dies After June 8 Crash
Anne Arundel County Police say a motorcycle driver injured in a crash last month has died.

Motorcyclist Dies In Car Accident
A motorcyclist died in a car accident at 10:15 p.m. Saturday.

Perry Hall Man Dies In Motorcycle Crash
A Baltimore County man is dead after the motorcycle he was riding struck a tree.

Motorcycle Accident Shuts Down 695
A serious crash on the Beltway sends a motorcycle rider to the hospital.

1 Dead After Motorcycle Collides With 4Runner
Baltimore County police are investigating a fatal accident involving a motorcycle.

Motorcyclist Killed In Collision With Car
Montgomery County Police say a motorcyclist has died after colliding with a car in Gaithersburg.

Motorcyclist Killed In Crash On I-83
State police say a motorcyclist was killed when he crashed his bike into the rear of a car on Interstate 83 just north of Baltimore.

Motorcyclist Killed In Collision With Dump Truck
The Harford County Sheriff's Office says a Bel Air man has been killed when his motorcycle collided with a Harford County dump truck.

Md. Man Killed In Motorcycle Crash
The St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office says a motorcyclist was killed when his vehicle failed to negotiate a curve in Chaptico.

I really, really hate those things.  Should be illegal.

Neil

The only thing worse than motorcyclists is bicyclists.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon