Warn your daughters - technology in the bedroom can be a problem

Started by merithyn, September 27, 2013, 01:57:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on September 27, 2013, 09:12:34 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 27, 2013, 08:32:23 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 27, 2013, 05:46:48 PM
It's not just about peeping toms. Or whatever the female equivalent of that is. Last year there was an incident where a hacker got in to the videoconference array of a Dow 30 company and listened clandestinely to their quarterly results meeting. Then they did some insider trading ahead of the announcements based on what they heard.

This is why STEM is king.

Gee, wasn't there a person on this board that kept telling you to go into engineering instead of law.  I wonder who that was...
If he had he'd be whining about how he should have gone into Law instead. That's just who he is.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

merithyn

I told Riley this story, and her first response was, "So... I'll be putting tape over the camera..."

She's such a bright girl. :wub:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DontSayBanana

Quote from: merithyn on September 27, 2013, 09:53:10 PM
I told Riley this story, and her first response was, "So... I'll be putting tape over the camera..."

That was an awful prompt response.  Especially considering that one can get dressed in the bathroom... :P
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on September 27, 2013, 09:21:30 PM
If he had he'd be whining about how he should have gone into Law instead. That's just who he is.

Yep. He's a human being.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

merithyn

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 27, 2013, 09:58:39 PM

That was an awful prompt response.  Especially considering that one can get dressed in the bathroom... :P

We live in a one-bedroom house. She can get dressed in her bedroom so that other people can get in the bathroom. :contract:

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on September 27, 2013, 10:13:41 PM
We live in a one-bedroom house. She can get dressed in her bedroom so that other people can get in the bathroom. :contract:

A one-bedroom house?  That has to be hard on your sex life.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on September 27, 2013, 10:23:49 PM
Quote from: merithyn on September 27, 2013, 10:13:41 PM

A one-bedroom house?  That has to be hard on your sex life.

:blush:

A one-bathroom house.

garbon

:D

Little House on the Prairie...or was that Little House in the Big Woods?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Ideologue on September 27, 2013, 09:14:22 PM
And I don't keep a broken clock around just because it tells the right time twice a day either.

Yeah, now that I think of it, pretty much everyone thought the law idea thing was a stupid.  I don't recall anyone endorsing your quest to become like John Edwards.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

She's thinking just like Grumbler!
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on September 27, 2013, 10:32:05 PM
:D

Little House on the Prairie...or was that Little House in the Big Woods?

It was Little House in the Big Woods, On the Banks of Plum Creek, and whatever book it was that took place in Kansas.