How much of your insurance premium do you pay yourself?

Started by Admiral Yi, September 25, 2013, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I have a dental plan under my COBRA policy, but I've always kept a pay-as-u-go plan in the back pocket for the last several years since many small employers out there don't always offer dental with their health plans and I never knew where I'd land, so it's always been a $45/every 3 months insurance back up.  Gonna need it January 1.

dps

Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 26, 2013, 07:46:45 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 26, 2013, 07:31:32 AM
That's a strange way round :mellow:

As a premium, I'd agree with you, but 50/50 plans aren't uncommon here in the US; the premium's lower, but medical bills are split right down the middle.

Yeah, most people don't even have a clue what percentage their employer pays;  they just know what dollar amount they have to pay themselves.

Lndhand

I pay 100% of the cost for my medical and dental (me, wife and 2 kids) for a grand total of ~ $1,700.00 per month.   :cry:
The biggest thing I blame Bush for is Obama.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: dps on September 26, 2013, 03:12:32 PM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on September 26, 2013, 07:46:45 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on September 26, 2013, 07:31:32 AM
That's a strange way round :mellow:

As a premium, I'd agree with you, but 50/50 plans aren't uncommon here in the US; the premium's lower, but medical bills are split right down the middle.

Yeah, most people don't even have a clue what percentage their employer pays;  they just know what dollar amount they have to pay themselves.

Maybe he has it taken directly out of his paycheck.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 26, 2013, 04:22:44 PM
Maybe he has it taken directly out of his paycheck.

That's standard.  It then shows up on your pay advice.

Savonarola

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock