News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

Ed Anger

Quote from: HVC on March 30, 2014, 09:55:26 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 30, 2014, 09:46:14 PM
OBAMACARE FAILED
Hot nurses are getting harder and harder to find. Damn non-age discrimination laws!

Bullshit. The hospitals where I'm at are jam packed full of the 2 year nurse PCT's. 22 year old chicks fondling my junk while giving me a sponge bath?

WIN
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Quote from: katmai on March 30, 2014, 10:02:08 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 30, 2014, 09:30:00 PM
Whelp, now that I'm getting a decent paycheck, I
:huh:

"Decent" as in, it's money for a change, especially now that I have checks rolling in from my renters.

katmai

Understood. Thought you hadn't been updating us about job prospects :P

CountDeMoney

What, you didn't know I've been a federal contractor for the last month?

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 30, 2014, 10:09:37 PM
What, you didn't know I've been a federal contractor for the last month?
I forgot you took that job, yes :D

CountDeMoney

The commute is a fucking bitch, though.

sbr

Grats on the job Seeds. :cheers: 

About time you got off your ass, stopped collecting that sweet, sweet free goberment money and went back to work.

KRonn

Congrats on the job Seedy.  Glad you got some decent priced health care. Hope the  coverage is decent, and I assume you have a couple thousand deductible per year, plus other deductibles for any hospital stay? That's what I found when I was browsing the Massachusetts site, seeing what's out there for when I retire.

derspiess

Congrats on finding a way to get some of my tax money, Seeds :cheers:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: KRonn on March 31, 2014, 07:41:12 AM
Congrats on the job Seedy.  Glad you got some decent priced health care. Hope the  coverage is decent, and I assume you have a couple thousand deductible per year, plus other deductibles for any hospital stay? That's what I found when I was browsing the Massachusetts site, seeing what's out there for when I retire.

No deductibles, that's why I went Platinum.  Either you go cheap and deal with deductibles, or you go expensive so you dont have to deal with them at all.

Either way, they get you;  it's just whether you want to deal with it now or deal with it later.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2014, 08:21:11 AM
Congrats on finding a way to get some of my tax money, Seeds :cheers:

Shit, i burned through those peanuts a while ago.  Thanks for nothing, cheapskate.

KRonn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 31, 2014, 12:02:57 PM
Quote from: KRonn on March 31, 2014, 07:41:12 AM

No deductibles, that's why I went Platinum.  Either you go cheap and deal with deductibles, or you go expensive so you dont have to deal with them at all.

Either way, they get you;  it's just whether you want to deal with it now or deal with it later.

True dat.... I have another option to continue my existing coverage from work but that's about a thousand a month if I were to pay it on my own. It doesn't cost that much now and it's part of the group plan with the health care system I work for. It will cost a lot more if I get it on my own but that coverage is good, like a platinum plan. I'd have to get more details if I want to go with it to see how much if any it would change if I go with it. But for a few years before Medicare kicks in automatically I may go with cheaper premiums but higher deductibles, more for catastrophic coverage.

Admiral Yi

Heard an NPR story about difficulties California is having signing up Hispanics.

Part of the problem is lack of trained and certified Spanish speaking navigators.  Another part is most don't want to pay that much for coverage.

A number of people interviewed said they wanted to pay $100 a month.  For a family.

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 31, 2014, 01:20:52 PM
A number of people interviewed said they wanted to pay $100 a month.  For a family.
Nothing wrong with wanting stuff, that's what motivates us.