News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Obamacare and you

Started by Jacob, September 25, 2013, 12:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's the impact of Obamacare for you (and your family)? Assuming it doesn't get defunded or delayed, of course...

I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
9 (14.1%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
5 (7.8%)
I live in a state that's embracing Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
6 (9.4%)
My state is embracing Obamacare, but I have no clue how it will impact me personally.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm set for cheaper and/or better healthcare.
0 (0%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm going to be paying more and/or get worse coverage.
1 (1.6%)
I live in a state that's rejecting Obamacare and it looks like I'm largely unaffected by Obamacare, other than the effects of the general political theatre.
7 (10.9%)
My state is rejecting Obamacare and I have no idea how Obamacare is going to impact me.
1 (1.6%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me, but I'm watching how the whole thing plays out with interest.
20 (31.3%)
The American health care system doesn't affect me and frankly I don't care.
8 (12.5%)
Some other option because the previous 10 were not enough...
6 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 63

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 13, 2013, 04:41:57 PM
This might be a good data point for the theory that computer skills and verbal communication add to a constant then.  :P

:P

Not my fault that you can't read my mind. I knew what I meant. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2013, 09:46:37 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 11, 2013, 06:29:37 PM
Health Site Sign-Ups Fall Far Short Of Obama Target

'Fewer than 50,000 people successfully navigated the troubled federal health-care website to enroll in private health-insurance plans as of last week.

That's just the Federal website, for people stuck in Dumbfuckistan states that don't have exchanges.  Do we know what the total numbers are, including state exchanges?

100,000, apparently: http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/11/12/the-obamacare-exchange-scorecard-around-100000-enrollees-and-five-million-cancellations/

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Democrats Threaten to Abandon Obama on Health Law Provision

'Anxious congressional Democrats are threatening to abandon President Obama on a central element of his signature health care law, voicing increasing support for proposals that would allow Americans to retain the health insurance coverage they are losing because of the Affordable Care Act.

The dissent comes as the Obama administration released enrollment figures Wednesday that fell far short of expectations.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/14/us/politics/democrats-threaten-to-abandon-obama-on-health-law-provision.html

DGuller

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: Phillip V on November 13, 2013, 06:07:42 PM
Democrats Threaten to Abandon Obama on Health Law Provision

'Anxious congressional Democrats are threatening to abandon President Obama on a central element of his signature health care law, voicing increasing support for proposals that would allow Americans to retain the health insurance coverage they are losing because of the Affordable Care Act.

The dissent comes as the Obama administration released enrollment figures Wednesday that fell far short of expectations.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/14/us/politics/democrats-threaten-to-abandon-obama-on-health-law-provision.html

Hahahaha. It will pass too. They are worried about their jobs.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

It's disgusting how so many Americans are cheering for failure, and hoping for changes that they know would make Obamacare more likely to fail.  Who needs external enemies with patriots like that?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: 11B4V on November 13, 2013, 06:52:27 PM

Do you mean pass in the House?  That doesn't sound very tough with a Republican majority. :huh:

citizen k

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on November 13, 2013, 04:51:39 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2013, 09:46:37 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on November 11, 2013, 06:29:37 PM
Health Site Sign-Ups Fall Far Short Of Obama Target

'Fewer than 50,000 people successfully navigated the troubled federal health-care website to enroll in private health-insurance plans as of last week.

That's just the Federal website, for people stuck in Dumbfuckistan states that don't have exchanges.  Do we know what the total numbers are, including state exchanges?

100,000, apparently: http://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2013/11/12/the-obamacare-exchange-scorecard-around-100000-enrollees-and-five-million-cancellations/

Does that include those enrolled into Medicaid in the respective states?

11B4V

Quote from: DGuller on November 13, 2013, 07:00:26 PM
It's disgusting how so many Americans are cheering for failure, and hoping for changes that they know would make Obamacare more likely to fail.  Who needs external enemies with patriots like that?

Not to fail. To live up to what was promised.

QuoteIf you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.....Lower Premiums by $2,500 a Year.

The Prez made a promise. If he cant deliver, the rest of the party needs to.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on November 13, 2013, 07:07:46 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on November 13, 2013, 06:52:27 PM

Do you mean pass in the House?  That doesn't sound very tough with a Republican majority. :huh:

No, overall.

derspiess

Awwwwwwwwww :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on November 13, 2013, 08:50:02 PM

Awwwwwwwwww :(

They're mad because their boyz signature legislation is a clusterfuck. Oh, and they have no arguement for his lies to the American people.