Walesa: 'We need to make one state from Poland and Germany'

Started by Syt, September 24, 2013, 09:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

http://www.thenews.pl/1/10/Artykul/148015,Walesa-We-need-to-make-one-state-from-Poland-and-Germany

QuoteWalesa: 'We need to make one state from Poland and Germany'

Former president Lech Walesa has said that in the era of globalisation "we need to make one state from Poland and Germany – Europe."
Walesa made the remarks in an interview with Russia's ITAR-TASS news agency in the lead up to next month's meeting of Nobel Prize-winners in Warsaw.

Recalling his role as the leader of Solidarity, and the influence the trade union had on other dissidents behind the Iron Curtain, he said that "my struggle led to the reunification of Germany and the creation of the state of Europe.

"We removed the borders," he added.

"We have gone so far in our technical advancements that we are no longer located in our own countries.

"We need to expand our economic and defence structures, and various others, and make one state from Poland and Germany – Europe," he said.

"This is the broadening of geographical structures, while the economy and democracy should also be altered," he reasoned.

"It's Lego bricks."

Meanwhile, Walesa said that institutions such as the United Nations, NATO and the Council of Europe were "ideas from a past era" and that the world is "badly organised."

On Poland's relationship with Russia, Walesa reflected that there was much room for progress.

"The Germans have done us a lot more evil, and the relationship we have [with them] now is much better than that with Russia. Why?

"Because after the war, Germany fully confessed to all its dirty tricks. It's necessary to say once and for all who did something evil, full stop. Until we do, the wound won't heal." (nh)

What is Hans Frank doing these days? :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Viking

Germans are probably wondering if this is a test of some sort...

Either say they say yes and are nice to the poles or they say yes and freak out everybody and convince them that germany still wants to conquer europe.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

KRonn

Well there's something you don't see everyday from a Pole!

derspiess

They should start by giving Silesia & Pommerania back to Germany.  The map just looks better with those two arms outstretched, ready to give Poland a big, warm hug.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on September 24, 2013, 09:41:10 AM
They should start by giving Silesia & Pommerania back to Germany.  The map just looks better with those two arms outstretched, ready to give Poland a big, warm hug.

I think Germany has had her fill of integrating misdeveloped ex-Warsaw Pact territories for the next century or so. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

dps

Quote from: Syt on September 24, 2013, 09:47:14 AM
Quote from: derspiess on September 24, 2013, 09:41:10 AM

I think Germany has had her fill of integrating misdeveloped ex-Warsaw Pact territories for the next century or so. :P

Maybe they should just go for Anchluss.

Archy

Valmy

Heck we are still trying to make one state from Belgium.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

It may not be a practical idea, but it's a positive sign in terms of how Poles (or at least Walesa) view Germans.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Jacob on September 24, 2013, 03:57:11 PM
It may not be a practical idea, but it's a positive sign in terms of how Poles (or at least Walesa) view Germans.

He just wants to steal their hubcaps before the Hungarians get around to it.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive