Take it Easy! Man stabbed for playing Eagles music

Started by jimmy olsen, September 19, 2013, 12:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

He should of listened to her, she'll beat you if she's able.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/take-it-easy-man-stabbed-playing-eagles-music/nZzqj/
QuoteTake it Easy! Man stabbed for playing Eagles music

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. —

The Eagles are one of the most popular and successful rock bands of all time. But not everyone's a fan, especially a South Carolina woman.

She apparently did not have a 'Peaceful Easy Feeling" when her roommate refused to turn down the Eagles' music he was listening to. So, police say she decided to attack him with a knife.

According to the Charleston County Sheriff's arrest report, 54-year-old Vernett Bader has been charged with criminal domestic violence for slashing the victim with a 14-inch serrated bread knife.

WTIV reports that after the man was able to wrestle that knife out of Bader's hands, she ran off to find another one. That's when he decided it would be best to lock himself in the bathroom until things calmed down.

When police arrived at the scene they reported finding the victim with several cuts on his arms and hands. Bader was arrested and taken to a detention center.

The Eagles music may have set Bader off, but there are probably some other contributing factors. Investigators say Bader and the victim used to date, but still lived together. And officers did note that everyone involved was intoxicated at the time.

It's apparent that combining the Eagles music with alcohol and a bad relationship made Bader 'Take it to the Limit' ... and beyond.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Ideologue

I guess we know where the Dude and Maude Lebowski's kid wound up.

Also, what is with that jokey tone?  What kind of journatard wrote that article?  Someone got stabbed in an incident of CDVHAN and it's LOLOLOLOL SHOULD'VE CHECKED INTO THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA.  Can you imagine reading an article like that with the genders reversed?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on September 19, 2013, 01:45:38 AM
I guess we know where the Dude and Maude Lebowski's kid wound up.

Also, what is with that jokey tone?  What kind of journatard wrote that article?  Someone got stabbed in an incident of CDVHAN and it's LOLOLOLOL SHOULD'VE CHECKED INTO THE HOTEL CALIFORNIA.  Can you imagine reading an article like that with the genders reversed?
Lighten up Francis, nobody died or got maimed.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

She was confused and took it to the limit instead.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Malthus

She stabbed it with her steely knife, but just couldn't kill the beast.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Capetan Mihali

Don Henley
Must die
Don't let him get back together
With Glenn Frey
Don Henley must die
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

QuoteIt's apparent that combining the Eagles music with alcohol and a bad relationship made Bader 'Take it to the Limit' ... and beyond.   

This just says it all!   :D

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

:huh:

It's definitely overrated and not even my favorite Eagles song (which is in fact Take It Easy*), but I don't know how you could hate Hotel California.

* fun fact:  Jackson Browne wrote it, or at least started it.  One of the Eagles (Henley?) actually finished writing it.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

Alice Cooper Desperado >>>>>>>>> Eagles Desperado
Women want me. Men want to be with me.