Take it Easy! Man stabbed for playing Eagles music

Started by jimmy olsen, September 19, 2013, 12:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

The Eagles have lots of songs I kinda like, but none that stand out. I will say that my favorite line comes from Already Gone. "You'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself".  :D
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 19, 2013, 10:54:14 AM
The Eagles have lots of songs I kinda like, but none that stand out. I will say that my favorite line comes from Already Gone. "You'll have to eat your lunch all by yourself".  :D
Just did that. :cool:  Eye-talian leftovers from a work thing yesterday.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ideologue

Henley and to a lesser degree Walsh were better outside of the Eagles than in it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Ideologue on September 19, 2013, 12:37:22 PM
Henley and to a lesser degree Walsh were better outside of the Eagles than in it.

Bleh.  Henley's solo play list is a long litany of meh.

Except his Christmas song.  :)

Ideologue

"Heart of the Matter," "Boys of Summer," "End of the Innocence," "New York Minute," "Sunset Grill," "Last Worthless Evening," that one about the woman that fucks that guy.

Sure, "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" sucks.

His music tends to be overly melancholy, which I can agree fully means that it's not stuff you want to listen to any old time.  But "Boys of Summer" and "Heart of the Matter" in particular are just fantastic songs.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Oh, yeah, he also did a cover of "Sit Down, You're Rocking the Boat" which is quite excellent.
Kinemalogue

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Malthus on September 19, 2013, 06:58:17 AM
She stabbed it with her steely knife, but just couldn't kill the beast.

As she told him he could check out any time he liked but he could never leave.

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on September 19, 2013, 10:45:53 AM
:huh:

It's definitely overrated and not even my favorite Eagles song (which is in fact Take It Easy*), but I don't know how you could hate Hotel California.

* fun fact:  Jackson Browne wrote it, or at least started it.  One of the Eagles (Henley?) actually finished writing it.

I don't particularly enjoy it (just sort of meh) but the hate comes because it gets stuck in my head really easily.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on September 19, 2013, 02:44:40 PM
Quote from: Caliga on September 19, 2013, 10:45:53 AM
:huh:

It's definitely overrated and not even my favorite Eagles song (which is in fact Take It Easy*), but I don't know how you could hate Hotel California.

* fun fact:  Jackson Browne wrote it, or at least started it.  One of the Eagles (Henley?) actually finished writing it.

I don't particularly enjoy it (just sort of meh) but the hate comes because it gets stuck in my head really easily.

Way back in the time before time, I stayed in a hostel in London that played it as their theme song.  There were a lot of Aussies staying there illegally doing construction work etc and they sang the "you can never leave" line with particular gusto.

dps

Quote from: Ideologue on September 19, 2013, 01:45:38 AM
I guess we know where the Dude and Maude Lebowski's kid wound up.

Also, what is with that jokey tone?  What kind of journatard wrote that article?

Given where the incident occured, I'm guessing the kind with a South Carolina education.

QuoteCan you imagine reading an article like that with the genders reversed?

Meri would have been the thread starter.

Savonarola

Quote from: Ideologue on September 19, 2013, 01:45:38 AM
Also, what is with that jokey tone? 

Laughing at the under-privileged is the point of journalism.  That's why Addison and Steele were so successful.   :bowler:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Brain

Every Eagles song is completely forgettable, except Hotel California.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

To quote Glen Frey, "The worst thing we ever did in the Eagles was convince Don that he could sing."
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM