And we're back!

Main Menu

Shooter at Washington Navy Yard kills 12

Started by jimmy olsen, September 16, 2013, 07:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on September 18, 2013, 03:12:06 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 18, 2013, 06:42:41 AM
It's what you often do on the forum, 'rephrasing' other's posts.

Care to provide an example?  I maintain that I quote others, and don't tell them what they think or why they think it.  Prove me wrong.

I look at it this way, the more I engage you in debate, the less time you have to follow around or pick on some of our younger or more vulnerable posters. I regard this as a community service for the forum. 

It always bring a smile to my face when I sign in to Languish and look at the threads I've posted in, to find a grumbler post taking a pop at me, all the better if it included a straight out ad hominem.  :cool:

I think many here are aware of your various semantic nickpicks, mischaractisations of another member's posts and other tactics employed in your attempts to declare yourself the 'winner'.

How much re-phrasing plays in your 'game', I can't be arsed to find out, because I don't respect you and indeed find you one of the most contemptible posters I've ever encountered on the internet. 

Which I find rather sad, as I think you'd probably turn out to be a top-bloke in real life if we ever met, no doubt you've got a wealth of life experience that many posters would be proud to have and I among them  would probably enjoy greatly hearing about them. 

I won't presume to offer you any advice, as how you wish to come over is your choice. If you're happy with the way you appear on the internet, then do carry on, though I do think there are other, better alternatives to the role you play on this forum. 

Best wishes Mongers.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Minsky Moment

Care to provide an example?  I maintain that I quote others, and don't tell them what they think or why they think it.  Prove me wrong.

So you admit it.

;)
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on September 18, 2013, 05:18:18 PM

I look at it this way, the more I engage you in debate, the less time you have to follow around or pick on some of our younger or more vulnerable posters. I regard this as a community service for the forum. 

It always bring a smile to my face when I sign in to Languish and look at the threads I've posted in, to find a grumbler post taking a pop at me, all the better if it included a straight out ad hominem.  :cool:

I think many here are aware of your various semantic nickpicks, mischaractisations of another member's posts and other tactics employed in your attempts to declare yourself the 'winner'.

How much re-phrasing plays in your 'game', I can't be arsed to find out, because I don't respect you and indeed find you one of the most contemptible posters I've ever encountered on the internet. 

Which I find rather sad, as I think you'd probably turn out to be a top-bloke in real life if we ever met, no doubt you've got a wealth of life experience that many posters would be proud to have and I among them  would probably enjoy greatly hearing about them. 

I won't presume to offer you any advice, as how you wish to come over is your choice. If you're happy with the way you appear on the internet, then do carry on, though I do think there are other, better alternatives to the role you play on this forum. 

Best wishes Mongers.

I didn't think you could back your accusations with examples.  Thanks for proving my point.

As a weasel, this goes down as tl;dr
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on September 18, 2013, 05:30:19 PM

So you admit it.

;)

Yes... I admit it... I...I... quote others on the internet:weep:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on September 18, 2013, 06:28:47 PM

Best wishes Mongers.

I didn't think you could back your accusations with examples.  Thanks for proving my point.

Goodnight, I'm glad I've helped you to feel 'better' about yourself. 

Razgovory

I would like to say that Grumbler is deliberately dishonest when arguing and frequently fabricates other people's positions.  If I am wrong in this, let him speak up, if I am correct let him be silent.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

"Violence-numb nation" from Money's article.  Good fucking grief.  The lack of historical perspective is amazing; you'd think we were being bombed into oblivion or something.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on September 18, 2013, 06:36:46 PM
I would like to say that Grumbler is deliberately dishonest when arguing and frequently fabricates other people's positions.  If I am wrong in this, let him speak up, if I am correct let him be silent.

I saw what you did there
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Siege on September 18, 2013, 07:05:56 PM
I like Mongers.

Good grief,  Seigy thanks for that.

You know you're actually much 'loved' here.  :cheers:

The only downside to your comment is, yet again, it's not from a women.   :P

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on September 18, 2013, 06:36:34 PM
Goodnight, I'm glad I've helped you to feel 'better' about yourself. 

The passive-aggressive is strong in you today.  :lol:

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Bayraktar!

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on September 18, 2013, 06:28:47 PM

Best wishes Mongers.

Isn't it unreasonable to expect him to go through your posts?  Besides, there's years of dickery that's locked in the old forum archives, and is thus inaccessable.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Your first point is true, but it's also unreasonable to judge grumbler by posts from six years ago if his recent posts aren't in the same vein.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?