And we're back!

Main Menu

How has Languish influenced you personally

Started by merithyn, September 13, 2013, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on September 13, 2013, 07:57:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2013, 12:48:15 PM
It's made me realize that Canadians actually have more to their lives than simply being not-American. -_-
Yeah, they're also anti-American. :)

It would appear they have a dirty little secret in Quebec.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on September 13, 2013, 07:57:22 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2013, 12:48:15 PM
It's made me realize that Canadians actually have more to their lives than simply being not-American. -_-
Yeah, they're also anti-American. :)

I've not had any problems with that on my trips to Canada.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2013, 08:00:44 PM
I've not had any problems with that on my trips to Canada.

That's because their unbridled hatred of America is surpassed only by their politeness.

Capetan Mihali

Back around the winter of '03-'04, I remember trying to make some pretty tangential and inoffensive point about WWI, and having Grumbler tear into me in such a disproportionately mean-spirited fashion and push my buttons so badly that when I went out for a nice pizza dinner in the middle of our debate, I had so much adrenaline pumping and was so preoccupied with our argument that I could not enjoy my meal at all.

Thus was I inducted into this esteemed fraternal order...  :sleep:
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 13, 2013, 08:09:56 PM
Back around the winter of '03-'04, I remember trying to make some pretty tangential and inoffensive point about WWI, and having Grumbler tear into me in such a disproportionately mean-spirited fashion and pushing my buttons so badly that when I went out for a nice pizza dinner in the middle of our debate, I had so much adrenaline pumping and was so preoccupied with our argument that I could not enjoy my meal at all.

Thus was I inducted into this esteemed fraternal order...  :sleep:

Everybody's gotta get grumblered in if they want their colors, bro.

Camerus

Quote from: Zanza on September 13, 2013, 11:45:51 AM
Not just Languish, but all forums: I have given up on debating on the internet.

In my experience, debating in most social situations offline is usually a rather useless enterprise too...

From Languish I've probably become better informed about certain issues, but then, when measured against opportunity costs of spending that time elsewhere, maybe it hasn't been such a good trade-off.   :lol:

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Neil

Everybody gets gotten by grumbler.  The question is, can you get him back?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Pitiful Pathos on September 13, 2013, 08:13:14 PM
when measured against opportunity costs of spending that time elsewhere, maybe it hasn't been such a good trade-off.   :lol:

Except reaching or finding most of those elsewheres require actual effort on your part. Languish is easy. Hence my nearly 50k posts over the past 10 years.  :Embarrass:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

crazy canuck

Languish has influenced me in a number of ways.  I have met some great people and I have made some good friends.  I have had the opportunity to help some Languishites and some Languishites have been of great assistance to me.

mongers

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 13, 2013, 08:29:05 PM
Languish has influenced me in a number of ways.  I have met some great people and I have made some good friends.  I have had the opportunity to help some Languishites and some Languishites have been of great assistance to me.

Excellent.  :cool:

:cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

Eddie Teach

Quote from: crazy canuck on September 13, 2013, 08:29:05 PM
some Languishites have been of great assistance to me.

Has arguing with grumbler made you a better lawyer?  :ph34r:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

mongers

Actually we still haven't had a 'Languish wedding' have we ?

Though I'm holding out for Money to come visit Blighty and sweep Brazen off her feet, before her ill-advised fitness programme does that permanently.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"