News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

How has Languish influenced you personally

Started by merithyn, September 13, 2013, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Savonarola on September 15, 2013, 11:19:14 AM
Yes, I'm surprised so many of the young Languideshians went to law school; the forum lawyers' jobs sound like long hours without much fun.

I dunno, many of them seem to have a good bit of time to post during working hours.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Ideologue

(Not that I blame anyone for deciding against engineering after reading my posts.)

I blame everyone for deciding against engineering.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

HVC

Quote from: Ideologue on September 15, 2013, 03:15:32 PM
(Not that I blame anyone for deciding against engineering after reading my posts.)

I blame everyone for deciding against engineering.
Seedy warned you :contract: :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 13, 2013, 01:46:51 PM
The The Cabal(tm) has made sure I never consider law school.

:lol:

Yes, I'm surprised so many of the young Languideshians went to law school; the forum lawyers' jobs sound like long hours without much fun.

I'm surprised given that we've talked to death here about the oversupply of lawyers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

grumbler

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on September 13, 2013, 08:09:56 PM
Back around the winter of '03-'04, I remember trying to make some pretty tangential and inoffensive point about WWI, and having Grumbler tear into me in such a disproportionately mean-spirited fashion and push my buttons so badly that when I went out for a nice pizza dinner in the middle of our debate, I had so much adrenaline pumping and was so preoccupied with our argument that I could not enjoy my meal at all.

Thus was I inducted into this esteemed fraternal order...  :sleep:
That happens when you are wrong on the internet.  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 14, 2013, 07:48:22 AM
Assholes here don't know how to handle Grumbler. When he starts, don't respond. Let him get it out of his system.

When things return to normal, insult Babylon 5.

"When things return to normal?"  On Languish?  When did that happen?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote from: Savonarola on September 14, 2013, 02:22:39 PM
Yes, of course, IIRC Meri posted her before she and Max were married as well. 

Didn't KAP hook up with someone he met on KAPLand?  :unsure:

She posted before she actually met him in person IIRC.  I remember she asked advice for how to prepare for him arriving and people were giving her advice.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2013, 08:19:40 PM
She posted before she actually met him in person IIRC.  I remember she asked advice for how to prepare for him arriving and people were giving her advice.

Nah. I'd met him in person a couple of weeks before I came to Languish. I was asking for advice for when he came down to Chicago, which was a month or two later. :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

Hey still that good recollection for something that happened about nine years ago  :cool:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2013, 08:26:03 PM
Hey still that good recollection for something that happened about nine years ago  :cool:

Absolutely. But we know you're brilliant. After all, you're an engineer! :hug:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Quote from: grumbler on September 15, 2013, 08:01:24 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on September 14, 2013, 07:48:22 AM
Assholes here don't know how to handle Grumbler. When he starts, don't respond. Let him get it out of his system.

When things return to normal, insult Babylon 5.

"When things return to normal?"  On Languish?  When did that happen?

When people stop breaking quotes up into bits to respond in detail.

And JMS eats dicks.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 15, 2013, 08:27:41 PM
When people stop breaking quotes up into bits to respond in detail.

Just ignore the jerks who do that.

QuoteAnd JMS eats dicks.

Spotted dick at that.

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

KRonn

I think that the Languish discussion and debates on issues, political and current events, has made me more informed. We see issues from different sides, whether political or not, which gives a more well rounded view. The same also for the non-political stuff too, other discussions that go on.