How has Languish influenced you personally

Started by merithyn, September 13, 2013, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: lustindarkness on September 13, 2013, 01:54:48 PM
Dammit Meri, you got me thinking with this thread.

I know that doesn't happen much around here. I'm sorry. :(
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2013, 01:38:48 PM
Quote from: DGuller on September 13, 2013, 12:57:18 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on September 13, 2013, 12:39:45 PM
It's given me ideas for stories and characters; and occasionally motivation to write.   :bowler:
:lol:

Here's looking at you, babe.
:secret: I don't think you got the reference.  Or I got the reference that wasn't there.  :hmm:

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

sbr

Neil

It changed the way I think about gays for the worse.  It also helped me analyze my positions on politics, and made me realize that arguing on the internet is pretty much pointless unless you're doing it for entertainment and approach it with a light heart.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on September 13, 2013, 01:37:51 PM
What does 'billiant' even mean?

He's Billy Idol's very unambitious twin brother.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

dps

Quote from: merithyn on September 13, 2013, 12:46:41 PM
Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2013, 12:45:37 PM
Quote from: Jacob on September 13, 2013, 12:44:58 PM
Languish has been the beginning of some real friendships, and it's also given me a more nuanced view of the US and Americans.

Down deep we are all Ed Anger clones.

Yi! :mad:

At least he didn't say we're Ed Asner clones.

mongers

I've noticed that Languish's 'house style' doesn't translate well on other fora.   :blush:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: mongers on September 13, 2013, 02:52:29 PM
I've noticed that Languish's 'house style' doesn't translate well on other fora.   :blush:

:hmm:

My style is international.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: mongers on September 13, 2013, 02:52:29 PM

Yeah I have noticed that to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

I can't be bothered with being fucking nice and shit on other boards. If I can't say what I want then fuck it. That's why I rarely post on other boards.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Like Valmy, it has caused me to lower the value I ascribe to human life to basically negligible levels.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

It's only made me hate most of you even more over the years.

Razgovory

My writing has become slightly more coherent.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2013, 12:48:15 PM
It's made me realize that Canadians actually have more to their lives than simply being not-American. -_-
Yeah, they're also anti-American. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points