How has Languish influenced you personally

Started by merithyn, September 13, 2013, 11:41:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Maximus

It improved my critical thinking skills a lot in the early years

Savonarola

It's given me ideas for stories and characters; and occasionally motivation to write.   :bowler:

In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Barrister

Quote from: Savonarola on September 13, 2013, 12:39:45 PM
It's given me ideas for stories and characters; and occasionally motivation to write.   :bowler:

:cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 13, 2013, 11:52:52 AM
It has exposed me to a wider range of confrontation and antagonism.

:lol:

But seriously, though, I think the earlier rougher years of the trifora help give me some tools to deal with assholes and conflict better in real life.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Languish has been the beginning of some real friendships, and it's also given me a more nuanced view of the US and Americans.

Valmy

Quote from: Jacob on September 13, 2013, 12:44:58 PM
Languish has been the beginning of some real friendships, and it's also given me a more nuanced view of the US and Americans.

Down deep we are all Ed Anger clones.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2013, 12:45:37 PM

Yi! :mad:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

garbon

It's made me realize that Canadians actually have more to their lives than simply being not-American. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2013, 12:45:37 PM

I might meet myself then. LANGUISH MEET

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2013, 12:48:15 PM

It's made me realize that Canadians actually have more to their lives than simply being not-American. -_-

Yeah actually I have learned that, despite their reputation, Canadians are not really all that polite.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on September 13, 2013, 12:55:09 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 13, 2013, 12:48:15 PM

Yeah actually I have learned that, despite their reputation, Canadians are not really all that polite.

They are fucking assholes like everybody else.

DGuller

Quote from: Savonarola on September 13, 2013, 12:39:45 PM
:lol: