News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

A Poll Asked America Which States Were...

Started by garbon, September 06, 2013, 10:38:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

I don't know if we ever posted this bit but this seems right up our alley.

http://www.businessinsider.com/poll-how-americans-feel-about-the-states-2013-8

Quotehe United States prides itself on being a union of independent states, each with their own unique reputation, personality, and aesthetic.

After seeing an excellent poll that asked Europeans what they thought of other European countries, we talked to our polling partner SurveyMonkey Audience to expand the questions and try it on Americans, to see how they felt about other states.

The results were hilarious, informative and tell you everything you need to know about the dynamic between the states.

We asked respondents — 1603 of them — to answer each question with a state that wasn't their own. The poll was carried out using SurveyMonkey's Audience feature, which was more accurate predicting the 2012 election than numerous traditional pollsters.

The following maps show that data. Look under each map for details when it comes to the color scale. The darkest color had the highest number of votes, the whitest color had next to none.

More in the link.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

If people hate Texas and want us out of the Union so much the least they could do is stop wanting to nominate our idiotic politicians for national office.  Ted Cruz?  Really?  What are you trying to do to me people?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2013, 10:43:07 AM
If people hate Texas and want us out of the Union so much the least they could do is stop wanting to nominate our idiotic politicians for national office.  Ted Cruz?  Really?  What are you trying to do to me people?

They can have him.  Perry too. 

Texas or California being kicked out would be a hilarious disaster for all parties involved. 

garbon

I put in some of the negative on New York/California ones for you. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tonitrus

Amusing that California is both the favorite and overrated.

merithyn

The midwest really is the "Flyover Zone", isn't it? :( We don't rank at all anywhere on any of those.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Ted Cruz rules.

But you can blame Canada for him if you want.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: merithyn on September 06, 2013, 11:02:02 AM
The midwest really is the "Flyover Zone", isn't it? :( We don't rank at all anywhere on any of those.

If "most corrupt" was one of the questions, Illinois would get her chance in the sun.  :)
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

Midwest pops up a bit on Best sport fans and worst scenery.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 06, 2013, 11:02:31 AM
Ted Cruz rules.

But you can blame Canada for him if you want.

I voted for him.  He is par for the course over here and I vastly preferred him over his far more douchey opponent.  But for national office?  A completely inexperienced ideologue neophyte?  Plus we do not exactly put our best and brightest into office.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2013, 11:07:26 AM

Midwest pops up a bit on Best sport fans and worst scenery.

I was a little offended that Iowa ranked higher than Nebraska, I admit. :mad:

IOWA HAS HILLS!!

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2013, 10:46:40 AM

I was frankly a little insulted New York is considered more arrogant than we are <_<

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on September 06, 2013, 11:10:38 AM
Quote from: garbon on September 06, 2013, 10:46:40 AM

I was frankly a little insulted New York is considered more arrogant than we are <_<

Personally, I was shocked by it. :D

Malthus

One of the states ranked highly fir having the hottest residents is ... Florida?

Florida is full of geriatrics, rednecks, Jews and Canadians. Given that geriatrics and rednecks are never hot, that must mean ...  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on September 06, 2013, 11:05:22 AM
If "most corrupt" was one of the questions, Illinois would get her chance in the sun.  :)

Pffft Louisiana has that locked up.