NFL Week 1: The Official 1st Thread of NFL Week MegaThreads

Started by CountDeMoney, September 05, 2013, 05:13:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 09, 2013, 09:09:59 PM
So, did you enjoy the bus ride to Chicago?

Would have been a luxury.  I drove-- all the way through the exciting state of Indiana. 

The team flew up.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

derspiess

The team charter flights are actually quite nice.  They throw more food at you than you can possibly eat.  They hand you Chick Fil-A sandwiches as you board, then as soon as you're at crusing altitude they break out the steaks.  Then ice cream.  Then a snack.  Then the candy cart. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Ed Anger

derspiess

Yowza, nice start for the Chargers.  They kick off, but end up scoring a TD just 15 seconds into the game :lol:

Ed Anger

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on September 09, 2013, 09:24:25 PM
Meanwhile, spicy ate at a gas station.

Confession: I did pick up a bag of pretzels at a Speedway.

derspiess

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Cos was a good guy.  Always reminded me of 1980s Nick Nolte.

Also the only NFL head coach I've seen nervously smoking in the tunnel :lol:

CountDeMoney

An excellent offensive brain and a one-on-one coach, but just one of those guys that couldn't head coach himself out of a paper bag.  Better than Rich Kotite, though.  That guy belonged in a Seinfeld episode.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 09, 2013, 09:46:26 PM
An excellent offensive brain and a one-on-one coach, but just one of those guys that couldn't head coach himself out of a paper bag.  Better than Rich Kotite, though.  That guy belonged in a Seinfeld episode.

I always wondered how the hell he became a head coach.  I will never forget the game that sealed his fate.  He started 7-2 and then proceeded to lose his next 6.  He had a chance to salvage at least an 8-8 record his last game in Cincinnati, and was well on the way when he was up by three scores.  Jeff Blake came back with an epic performance (including a rushing first down on 4th & 17).  Bungles pick up their precious third win of the season, and help get Kotite fired.

And you're right-- he didn't look like he belonged in the NFL.  He was George Costanza.

sbr

Kotite never won more than 3 games in a season as Jets head coach and never played the Bengals.  At least according to wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_New_York_Jets_season
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_New_York_Jets_season

In 1995 I won my fantasy football league with Jeff Blake and Carl Pickens as my main studs.