Oakland Raiders (+9.5) at Indianapolis Colts, 47
Arizona Cardinals (+4.5) at St. Louis Rams, 41
Green Bay Packers (+4.5) at San Francisco 49ers, 48.5
New York Giants (+3) at Dallas Cowboys, 48.5

Monday
Philadelphia Eagles (+3.5) at Washington Redskins, 51.5
Houston Texans (-4) at San Diego Chargers, 44

MAH PICKS
The Broncos at 7.5 points against the Super Bowl champions (the MGM Grand line has it at 8.5) is as overrated as it is insulting; funny, I don't recall the score in the AFC playoffs being that close. And despite all the hype over the Broncos' offense, they still can't stop the run and have no pass rush that's not playing for the Ravens this year.  Yet another league-inspired conspiracy.  Typical.  Ravens cover.

Tampa Bay should smoke the Jets, who will wind up being one of the worse teams this season.  Bucs cover.

NOBODY CIRCLES THE WAGONS LIKE THE BUFFA meh, who are we kidding.  Patriots at 9.5 favorites is a gift.  Belichick runs up the score, mumbling something about working out kinks from the preseason.  Pats cover.

And my bonus pick:  KC is 3.5 point favorites at the Jags, and quite frankly I think people are going to be surprised with the Chiefs offense this season.  KC covers.

Ed Anger

MAH AFC North picks:

Ravens over the Broncos
Titans beat the Steelers.
Fins over the Browns
Bungles over DA BEARS

Best game of the bunch: BUNGLES V. DA BEARS
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

I believe in Trestman, Go Bears!

Seedy, your new place got Sunday Ticket for pissing off that dad & not watching the 'skins?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Neil

The Ravens should win.  For all the talk about how the Ravens have lost so many important pieces, the Broncos D is in real trouble, what with Miller suspended, Champ Bailey out due to injury, and Elvis Dumervil being a Raven.  The whole Broncos scheme relied on Bailey shutting down #1 targets while the pass rush did their work, and the collapse of that system is what really got the Broncos beat in the playoffs last year.  I expect a hard-fought win for the Ravens.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

I'm going to the Chicago game. It'll be a shitty drive back home Sunday night if the Bungles lose. I've never seen a game in Soldier Field, though, so I'll at least be able to mark it off my bucket list.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 08:51:01 AM
I'm going to the Chicago game. It'll be a shitty drive back home Sunday night if the Bungles lose. I've never seen a game in Soldier Field, though, so I'll at least be able to mark it off my bucket list.

Are tickets hard to come by? Any NFL tickets, I mean.

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on September 05, 2013, 08:54:15 AM

I remember trying to get tickets to see the Redskins play the Cowboys in 1991...and they were $300.00 a seat.  Hell the Cowboys had not even won anything yet.  I cannot imagine how pricey that would be today.  So I imagine they are easy to come by if you are rich.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2013, 08:59:37 AM

I remember trying to get tickets to see the Redskins play the Cowboys in 1991...and they were $300.00 a seat.  Hell the Cowboys had not even won anything yet.  I cannot imagine how pricey that would be today.  So I imagine they are easy to come by if you are rich.

A quick search on the NFL Exchange says that I can get tickets to the Bengals vs Steelers game my birthday weekend for ~$100/ticket. :ph34r:

derspiess

Quote from: derspiess on September 05, 2013, 08:51:01 AM

Depends on the venue.  In places like Jacksonville, they're very easy to come by.  Places like Chicago or Green Bay or New England, not so much.  Of course, they're always "available" on the secondary market if you're willing to pay lots of money. 

I'm getting in for free, but I'll have to work.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Meri, a Jacksonville home game is probably easy to score.

merithyn

merithyn

Grey Fox

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on September 05, 2013, 09:09:35 AM
Quote from: Valmy on September 05, 2013, 08:59:37 AM

A quick search on the NFL Exchange says that I can get tickets to the Bengals vs Steelers game my birthday weekend for ~$100/ticket. :ph34r:

Hell, looking at stubhub right now, you can get in to the 9/16 Monday night Steelers @ Bengals game for as low as $65.  Should go up to at least $100 next week.

But of course if you're a Steelers fan, you'd want to get the Heinz Field experience (freezing your ass off in mid-December).