News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Name Five Songs You Hate

Started by Eddie Teach, September 04, 2013, 02:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

"Brand New Key" tends to set me on killing rampage.  It's now part of state law that playing it in my presence is considered reckless endangerment.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on September 04, 2013, 04:50:29 AM
Name five metal songs,

Black Sabbath- Iron Man
Iron Maiden- Run to the Hills
Metallica- One
Tenacious D- Tribute
Soundgarden- 4th of July

QuoteI probably don't like them.

:mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

I don't think of Soundgarden as metal.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Ide loves Bon Jovi which is just wrong.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Steps - 5,6,7, 8
Lou Bega - Mambo No 5
Anything by Chris Brown or Jason Derulo
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Ideologue on September 04, 2013, 03:48:17 PM

That was the darkest song on the list, and with the possible exception of Iron Man, the heaviest.

Scipio

Magic Man by Heart
Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow by Fleetwood Mac
My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion
The Chicken Dance
The Superbowl Shuffle
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Savonarola

"She's Always a Woman" by Billy Joel.  While it's hard to pick just one Billy Joel song as they are all terrible, "She's Always a Woman" has both the sappiest lyrics and most egregious chorus.

"Rockstar" by Nickleback; or really just any Nickleback song would do, they all sound the same to me.

"Simply Having a Wonderful Christmas" by Sir Paul McCartney; just let John have the Christmas song, Paul.

"Bonfire" by Knife Party; now that Michael Hutchence is dead I see no reason not to embargo Australian music.

"Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus; every time Miley makes the news, they get Billy Ray's reaction and I think of this awful song.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Eddie Teach

It might'n blow up and kill this man, oooh oooooh :alberta:

garbon

Quote from: Savonarola on September 04, 2013, 04:00:06 PM
"Rockstar" by Nickleback; or really just any Nickleback song would do, they all sound the same to me.

So true!
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

In the Nickelback system there are some songs which are considered especially heinous. Rockstar is one of them.

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 04, 2013, 03:54:03 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on September 04, 2013, 03:48:17 PM

That was the darkest song on the list, and with the possible exception of Iron Man, the heaviest.

So?  The River is dark.  Springsteen isn't metal.

But Wikipedia does identify Soundgarden as "heavy metal."  Although not accepting that categorization, I'll qualify my blanket statement to encompass only that screaming kind of metal.  You know what I mean.

(That Iron Maiden song is okay too.)

Quote"She's Always a Woman" by Billy Joel.  While it's hard to pick just one Billy Joel song as they are all terrible, "She's Always a Woman" has both the sappiest lyrics and most egregious chorus.

:(

Quote"Rockstar" by Nickleback; or really just any Nickleback song would do, they all sound the same to me.

I like the part where the guy says he'll have a quesadilla.  I dunno, it's funny. -_-  It is a pretty awful song, though.
Kinemalogue

MadImmortalMan

The one where Carrie Underwood thinks it's justified for her to commit felony vandalism because her boyfriend cheated on her.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers