Lee Thompson Young's death officially a suicide

Started by garbon, September 04, 2013, 03:41:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Somehow I completely missed this bit of news. :(

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2013/09/03/lee-thompson-young-death-certificate-suicide/2760161/

QuoteIt's official: Lee Thompson Young died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound, according to his death certificate, which was procured by TMZ.

The body of the 29-year-old Rizzoli & Isles (and former Disney) star was found at his North Hollywood apartment on Aug. 19.

Young left no suicide note, and friends and family are said to be at a loss as to why he took his life. One theory: He had "depression issues."

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/08/rizzoli-isles-star-lee-thompson-young-dead-at-29/

QuoteLee Thompson Young, who has played the series regular role of Detective Barry Frost on TNT's flagship series Rizzoli & Isles for the past four seasons, has died in an apparent suicide. He was 29. Young's previous TV credits included roles on FlashForward, Smallville, The Good Guys and The Event.

Young's manager confirmed Lee Thompson Young's untimely death in the following statement: "It is with great sadness that I announce that Lee Thompson Young tragically took his own life this morning. Lee was more than just a brilliant young actor, he was a wonderful and gentle soul who will be truly missed. We ask that you please respect the privacy of his family and friends as this very difficult time."

While TNT, Warner Bros and Rizzoli & Isles Executive Producer Janet Tamaro also issued the following statement: "Everyone at Rizzoli & Isles is devastated by the news of the passing of Lee Thompson Young. We are beyond heartbroken at the loss of this sweet, gentle, good-hearted, intelligent man. He was truly a member of our family. Lee will be cherished and remembered by all who knew and loved him, both on- and off-screen, for his positive energy, infectious smile and soulful grace. We send our deepest condolences and thoughts to his family, to his friends and, most especially, to his beloved mother."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Its sad when somone commits suicide.

Is this person well known or have I joined the ranks of Ed telling kids to get off my lawn.

garbon

Main claim to fame was a children's show call The Famous Jett Jackson. Also was on that short lived show Flash Forward and then lately has been a cast member on Rizzoli & Isles.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: garbon on September 04, 2013, 04:47:19 PM
Main claim to fame was a children's show call The Famous Jett Jackson. Also was on that short lived show Flash Forward and then lately has been a cast member on Rizzoli & Isles.

I actually watched that show more to see him and Bruce McGill ham it up than for the title characters. :blush:

This sucks, and it also reeks of "screwed-up child star issues."  A year older than me, and he already had a 15-year career in television shows with mediocre ratings, at best.  I suspect only fellow SAG members could comprehend what that will do to a person's cynicism.
Experience bij!