News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Name Five Songs You Hate

Started by Eddie Teach, September 04, 2013, 02:42:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Garth Brooks- Unanswered Prayers. Cause fuck the message of this song. Maybe God doesn't give a shit what you ask him for; maybe he's a malevolent tormentor. Maybe he doesn't exist. All of these are plausible. The idea that his refusals are ultimately in your best interest is insulting.

Coldplay- Fix You. Don't really know the words to this song, but don't really care to learn them. The melody manages to be both dreary and fluffy at the same time. Hearing this song made me understand why they're such a popular band to hate on, in spite of having several decent songs.

New Kids on the Block- Step by Step. Being anti-social helped a lot to shelter me from NKOTB and other 90s boy bands. But not quite enough.

No Doubt- Spiderwebs. This song just seems so passive-aggressive.

Destiny's Child- Survivor. The melody annoys me.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Off the top of my head there's just one song I really and truly hate:

Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You

I just find it very painful to listen to.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

That one's definitely in my "dislike" pile as well, though if I was going to pick a Whitney song it would be The Greatest Love of All. "I believe that children are the future..."  :rolleyes:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

DK's Koner by Bikstok Røgsystem. It's not a song I hate as such, but the musical genre it started I'm starting to hate: Danish Dancehall. Every summer seem to be forever cursed with stupid and horrible reggae inspired dancehall from annoying artists.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

Name five metal songs, I probably don't like them.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grey Fox

I don't know the name to songs I don't like it.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 04, 2013, 06:11:21 AM
I don't know the name to songs I don't like it.

No kidding.  The channel is changed before I even bother to know what they are.

Although for 5 songs I hate, most of them probably have to do with Christmas, what with being buried with them nonstop from Thanksgiving onwards.

Ed Anger

Godzilla

Cotton eyed joe

Ohio

I'm really beginning to loathe Seven Nation Army.

I gave you 4 instead of 5. I'm such a rebel.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

I seldom dislike a song due to the lyrics, but I make an exception for "We are the World".  Love the melody, hate the lyrics.  Yes, it is in my list.   :ph34r:

The Brain

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 04, 2013, 04:00:29 AM
That one's definitely in my "dislike" pile as well, though if I was going to pick a Whitney song it would be The Greatest Love of All. "I believe that children are the future..."  :rolleyes:

And it's beautifully stated on the album.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Any and all songs by Savage Garden. I guess they've made more than five.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadBurgerMaker

I don't usually know the names of songs I hate, but CdM's new avatar reminded me of one:  TLC's Waterfalls.  MTV overplayed the shit out of that when it came out and I absolutely can't stand it to this day.  It's been like 20 years though.  Maybe I should get over it.

Iormlund

Any raeggeton song or Latino crap. Any from Heroes del Silencio. Or Jarabe de Palo.

garbon

Quote from: Iormlund on September 04, 2013, 10:29:27 AM
Any raeggeton song or Latino crap. Any from Heroes del Silencio. Or Jarabe de Palo.

For me, every reggaeton song sounds the same. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.