News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My new concealed carry gun

Started by Siege, August 30, 2013, 02:06:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2013, 02:51:43 PM
No one else is terrified at the idea that Siege has a concealed carry permit? :unsure:

Compared to those out there with no training, no permit, and criminal intentions? No, not at all.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

The Brain

Quote from: merithyn on August 30, 2013, 02:54:10 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on August 30, 2013, 02:53:42 PM
No one else is terrified at the idea that Siege has a concealed carry permit? :unsure:

Considering the heavy weaponry he had access to on the job, coupled with apparent expertise with firearms.  No.

I'm assuming that on the job he doesn't drink. :contract:

Who's being naive, Kay?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

I'm sure he'd go after Neil and Seedy first.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Wine coolers, CCWs and passive-aggressive PTSD.  What could happen.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 30, 2013, 02:57:27 PM
Wine coolers, CCWs and passive-aggressive PTSD.  What could happen.

:contract:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on August 30, 2013, 02:53:42 PM

Considering the heavy weaponry he had access to on the job, coupled with apparent expertise with firearms.  No.

Yeah, I'm kinda cool with Seigy doing this stuff. 

It's Cal that worries me, shooting his wife in the foot as he reaches for keycard for the works parking lot entrance.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Quote from: mongers on August 30, 2013, 06:30:51 PM
as he reaches for keycard for the works parking lot entrance.
Reaches for the what now? :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

11B4V

Quote from: Siege on August 30, 2013, 02:06:26 PM
I bought a 9mm Ruger LC9 for concealed carry. I went with the LC9 instead of  the .380 cal Ruger LCP, which is smaller and easier to conceal, because it is easier for me to get 9mm rounds than .380.

So far the LC9 feels great for a little gun.
What I don't like:

1- Trigger. Too long and too heavy. The trigger breaks all the way back close to the grip, and at over 6 lbs of trigger preasure, is hard to squeeze it properly when doing fast multiple targets engagement drills.

Cause it's a double action only. My SIG P250 is the same, long trigger pull. The SIG P250 has the smoothest DAO trigger. Rugers not so much.

Nice pistol though, it should fit the bill.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Ah, no
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Scipio

Love my ElsiePee, but I prefer the Taurus .380's trigger.  Just butter.  However, the LCP handles recoil better, despite the fact that they weigh about the same.  I think it's because Taurus's point of balance is artificially higher up.  18 rounds through the LCP, hand's a little sore.  18 rounds through the Taurus, and it's like I've been swinging an axe all day.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Viking

Is it just me or would having a brick to throw at somebody be more lethal, more accurate, have greater range and not require a concealed carry permit?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Viking on August 31, 2013, 09:29:25 AM
Is it just me or would having a brick to throw at somebody be more lethal, more accurate, have greater range and not require a concealed carry permit?

You could nail someone in the head lobbing a brick 25m?  I sure couldn't.
Experience bij!

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'