News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Calling all Montrealers

Started by Admiral Yi, August 29, 2013, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

I plan to be in your fair ville soon, probably September 4-8.  Anyone up for a meet?  A couple high school buddies are joining me that weekend, 6-8, so it would probably have to be the 4th or the 5th.

Zoupa

Zoupa

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Capetan Mihali

I could've probably made it up that weekend, but I don't think I can swing a weekday. 
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

The Brain

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

He he.  Hotel I ended up at is called "Le Westin."  It's like the French have a different word for everything.

Haven't used Priceline in a billion years (bought a red eye DC-Vegas).  They have this strange new sales gimmick.  They list prices for rooms, general location, how many stars, but don't tell you the name until after you've booked it.  Not really sure what the point of that is.

BTW, it's looking now like my copains de lycee might only be in town for Saturday, which could open things up.

Jacob

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 03:50:20 PM
Not really sure what the point of that is.

To prevent you from booking the same room from a different reseller or directly from the hotel?

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 30, 2013, 03:50:20 PM
He he.  Hotel I ended up at is called "Le Westin."  It's like the French have a different word for everything.

Haven't used Priceline in a billion years (bought a red eye DC-Vegas).  They have this strange new sales gimmick.  They list prices for rooms, general location, how many stars, but don't tell you the name until after you've booked it.  Not really sure what the point of that is.

BTW, it's looking now like my copains de lycee might only be in town for Saturday, which could open things up.

Welcome to the Belle Province, land of no share holder value.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grallon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 29, 2013, 09:38:45 PM
I plan to be in your fair ville soon, probably September 4-8.  Anyone up for a meet?  A couple high school buddies are joining me that weekend, 6-8, so it would probably have to be the 4th or the 5th.

How fortunate for you - I'm on vacation until the 10th.  We should have diner somewhere with Zoupa - and GreyFox if he can bestir himself from his suburb.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Admiral Yi

Grey Fox has already begged off unfortunately.

How would you like to proceed?  Should we fix a time and place now, or work it out after I arrive?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.