News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Calling all Montrealers

Started by Admiral Yi, August 29, 2013, 09:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

No?  What was all that I've got two babies blah blah blah stuff in the PM?

Grallon

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on August 30, 2013, 09:17:26 AM
I could've probably made it up that weekend, but I don't think I can swing a weekday.

Would Saturday 7th be agreeable? 18:30PM - at Gepetto's ( http://www.geppettopizza.com/contact-notre-dame/ ).

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Admiral Yi

Unfortunately Grallon I'm booked on Saturday for sure, possibly Friday as well.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 31, 2013, 09:16:51 PM

It's not begged off, it's a "even if I say yes, I'll probably have to cancel" thing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Jacob

Quote from: Grey Fox on September 01, 2013, 07:05:43 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 31, 2013, 09:16:51 PM

It's not begged off, it's a "even if I say yes, I'll probably have to cancel" thing.

Sounds like begged off.

Admiral Yi

I am going to be hitting the road tomorrow morning, so either we fix something today or do it by phone after I get there on Wednesday.

Here's my situation: I'm meeting one high school bud for sure.  Another high school bud is still uncertain.  He's gay, which probably explains that.  If the second bud comes they will only be their Saturday.  If the second bud does not come the first bud will be there Friday-Sunday.  I have zero problem with you all meeting up with them all, but I'm pretty sure the conversational overlap would be zero and it would be a dull evening.  I've also got sort of an obligation to catch them/him up to speed on my life for the last ten years and vice versa.

So I could commit to something Wednesday or Thursday.  Or if you guys prefer, we could hold off until I get to Montreal, at which point I'll know for sure if Friday is free.

So those are the options as I see them: fix something now for Wednesday or Thursday, or leave it for later, at which point Friday may be an option as well.  If we go plan B I will PM my cell to Grallon (GF?); Zoupa and I have already gotten to first base.

Admiral Yi

I'm back. :)

Had an awesome time. 

A shout out to my new BFF Zoupa, who showed me a little bit of Montreal off the tourist track. :cheers:

The highlights of the trip were getting stoned on the street in front of a strip club with three strippers, and getting stoned with three wait staff outside a karaoke club in Niagara Falls.  For me nothing beats hanging with locals to make a vacation.

Every single person I interacted with was super nice; good job Canada.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

merithyn

Sounds like a lovely time, dear. :)

No, seriously. Sounds like a great time. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Admiral Yi

A few random observations:

Chicagoland must be the giant flag capital of America.  Saw at least 6 enormous (and I'm talking North Korean enormous) US flags from the interstate.

White boys in Michigan are giants.  I'm 6'1" (insert obligatory crazy canuck comment) and I was the midget in the titty bar I went to in Battle Creek.  Girls are normal sized.

Quebec (or at least Montreal) has a phenomenal concentration of hot women (guys are very good looking too) but they seem to all be screened out of French language TV.  I always snapped on the idiot box when I was in my hotel room, and I saw exactly one attractive woman the whole time--a weather girl.

I was suprised by the amount of Chinese tourists on the street.  I understand there are 20 trillion of them, but I would have thought they would be going to more white bread destinations.  And they weren't roaming around in tour bus sized mobs with a little tour guide carrying a flag at the front, they were all in packets of four, usually three middle aged guys and one middle aged woman.

I mentioned to Zoupa that Montreal has really cleaned up a lot since I visited last 10 years ago.  Then I thought it was still quite nice but on the seedy side.  This time it looked pretty spruce.

Admiral Yi

Another one:

It used to be a truism that between cities the only radio you could get was country stations.  Then it became country and right wing talk radio.  Now it seems to be country, right wing talk, and Christian channels.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on September 10, 2013, 02:56:58 PM
Another one:

It used to be a truism that between cities the only radio you could get was country stations.  Then it became country and right wing talk radio.  Now it seems to be country, right wing talk, and Christian channels.

:yes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive