News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Montana judge defends 30-day sentence for rape

Started by merithyn, August 28, 2013, 03:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

I concur with the opinion that high school girls can in fact consent to sexual relations, particularly if I were to be involved.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2013, 07:27:32 PM
I concur with the opinion that high school girls can in fact consent to sexual relations, particularly if I were to be involved.

I don't believe they would, if you were involved.

garbon

I can't think there are many 14 year olds that can give informed consent to sex with a 54 year old.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 02, 2013, 08:14:13 PM

A man can dream though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 02, 2013, 08:18:13 PM

A man can dream though.

What a sad man. :x
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

dps

Quote from: garbon on September 02, 2013, 08:18:55 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 02, 2013, 08:18:13 PM

A man can dream though.

What a sad man. :x

Nah, he has his cats to keep him happy.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on September 02, 2013, 08:40:19 PM
Nah, he has his cats to keep him happy.

I only have one cat, and have for the last several years.

Learn to troll properly, dammit.  Learn from garbon: when he calls me 54 years old, he's utilizing exaggeration for the appropriate comedic value.

Amateur.

merithyn

Quote from: sbr on September 02, 2013, 01:59:24 PM
Meri is gonna be PISSED.

She knew girls who had sex with teachers. None of them were "traumatized". Ergo, there's nothing wrong with teachers and students having sex.

Great argument. You guys would totally accept such an argument from me if I were to give it.  :rolleyes:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

CountDeMoney

I wish I were traumatized by Miss Williams in 9th grade. Damn, did she have some smoking legs.

merithyn

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 02, 2013, 10:07:55 PM
I wish I were traumatized by Miss Williams in 9th grade. Damn, did she have some smoking legs.

That's really creepy. I was Miss Williams when you were in the 9th grade.  :ph34r:

Mind you, I was probably also in the 9th grade (or there abouts), but still... creepy....

garbon

On a different note, I'm not sure why we should feel for individuals like Mr. Rambold when people take rape to mean that he forced this 14 year old to have sex.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on September 02, 2013, 10:29:01 PM
On a different note, I'm not sure why we should feel for individuals like Mr. Rambold when people take rape to mean that he forced this 14 year old to have sex.

Because she was a willing participant, and 100 years ago, it would have been okay. Besides, he didn't physically hurt her, so it doesn't actually count as rape. It's not damaging, just immoral.

Or something.

sbr

Quote from: merithyn on September 02, 2013, 10:06:54 PM
Meri is gonna be PISSED.

She knew girls who had sex with teachers. None of them were "traumatized". Ergo, there's nothing wrong with teachers and students having sex.

Great argument. You guys would totally accept such an argument from me if I were to give it.  :rolleyes:

Where did she say there was nothing wrong with it?  She said they should lose their jobs and be barred from teachign again until they are rehabilitated.

This was her point:

QuoteI don't believe that all sexual conduct between underage students and teachers should necessarily be classified as rape, and I believe that absent extenuating circumstances, consensual sexual activity between teachers and students should not be criminalized

Is that really THAT outrageous to you?  I have an 19 and 17 (almost 18) year old daughters and I think it is a reasonable argument.  We have once again gone so far into ZOMG THINK OF THE CHILDRENTM mode that most people can't think logically about this issue.  You can't even take someone who says "our society needs to have an uncensored dialogue about the reality of sex in schools." seriously, you immediately resort to strawman arguments and mockery.

Berkut

Quote from: merithyn on September 02, 2013, 10:06:54 PM
Meri is gonna be PISSED.

Not at all what she said.

We would mock you unmercifully if you made such a poor argument. Your actual argument, which is a complete strawman, is almost as bad though.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

garbon

Quote from: sbr on September 02, 2013, 10:54:10 PM
This was her point:

QuoteI don't believe that all sexual conduct between underage students and teachers should necessarily be classified as rape, and I believe that absent extenuating circumstances, consensual sexual activity between teachers and students should not be criminalized

Is that really THAT outrageous to you?  I have an 19 and 17 (almost 18) year old daughters and I think it is a reasonable argument.  We have once again gone so far into ZOMG THINK OF THE CHILDRENTM mode that most people can't think logically about this issue.  You can't even take someone who says "our society needs to have an uncensored dialogue about the reality of sex in schools." seriously, you immediately resort to strawman arguments and mockery.

Sure, I'll take issue with her saying that there shouldn't be criminal sanctions.