News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Montana judge defends 30-day sentence for rape

Started by merithyn, August 28, 2013, 03:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

Quote from: frunk on August 29, 2013, 08:47:14 AM
I don't think he's a serious risk to accost children on the street, he's a risk if you give him positions of authority over children.  It's not that it's a lesser crime (I could see arguments for more severe punishment), it's that it's different.

FYP

And since he's an adult, he will always be in a position of power over children. He will be a risk, as is shown by the fact that he was warned off by school administrators four years before he took advantage of this particular child.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

sbr

Quote from: merithyn on August 29, 2013, 09:15:33 AM
I don't think he's a serious risk to accost children on the street, he's a risk if you give him positions of authority over children.  It's not that it's a lesser crime (I could see arguments for more severe punishment), it's that it's different.

FYP

And since he's an adult, he will always be in a position of power over children. He will be a risk, as is shown by the fact that he was warned off by school administrators four years before he took advantage of this particular child.

What makes you more qualified to decide that than the expert who said he was low risk to re-offend?

merithyn

Quote from: sbr on August 29, 2013, 10:08:41 AM
Quote from: merithyn on August 29, 2013, 09:15:33 AM

FYP

What makes you more qualified to decide that than the expert who said he was low risk to re-offend?

:huh:

Being on the internet gives me infinite knowledge of other people's abilities, knowledge, and intelligence. Duh. :P
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

DGuller

Quote from: merithyn on August 29, 2013, 11:01:08 AM

Being on the internet gives me infinite knowledge of other people's abilities, knowledge, and intelligence. Duh. :P
:hmm: Maybe we're not so different after all.

Ideologue

Quote from: merithyn on August 29, 2013, 11:01:08 AM

But what about math skills?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

grumbler

Quote from: garbon on August 28, 2013, 10:14:27 PM
He sounds like a dreadful individual. If I were a relative I wouldn't let my kids near him.

Relax.  Half of what Seedy says is hyperbole.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

sbr

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

Neil

I thought that was the hyperbole part, and the other half was loving animals and good football teams.  And I guess Notre Dame.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Though on second thought I'm not sure his football commentary meets the highest standards of objectivity and dispassionate analysis.  :lol:

Neil

Obviously the NFL got to you, and you're a part of the anti-Ravens conspiracy.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

CountDeMoney

No shit.  But Yi was in DC long enough, he was Jack Kent Cooked.  Obvious Foreskins operative.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on September 01, 2013, 02:54:52 PM
I thought that was the hyperbole part, and the other half was loving animals and good football teams.  And I guess Notre Dame.
Half of Seedy's comments are hyperbole and slander.  The other half are attempted hyperbole and slander.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!