20,000 Tamil Civilians killed; Valmy rejoices.

Started by jimmy olsen, May 29, 2009, 10:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

It took 6 years, but Languish has finally offended me.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2009, 11:11:33 AM

Was it something we said? :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Really?

I find this kind of stuff stunningly boring. What can be offensive about someone *trying* so hard to be offensive?

I am frankly kind of amazed that people find it interesting at all - but even more amazed that someone would find it actually offensive.

Especially in contrast to languish at its truly worst, when people go to great effort to be as calculatingly cruel to one another as possible.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Would Tim be so harsh if the accusations were thorwn at American soliders?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 11:19:12 AM

Really?

BB has some principles.  Something I don't suspect you'd understand.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

saskganesh

Quote from: Razgovory on May 29, 2009, 11:21:31 AM

I'm sure he would eat it up.
humans were created in their own image

PDH

Who is Thorwyn?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

20,000 dead civilians would be an easily provable or discredited charge. If proven and they were inflicted in a similar scenario rather than in some total war/third world war scenario I would be quite upset.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on May 29, 2009, 11:22:43 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 11:19:12 AM

Really?

BB has some principles.  Something I don't suspect you'd understand.

I know you are just trying to illustrate my point about the difference between fake offensiveness and actually be a truly unpleasant human being, but it doesn't really work coming from you.

0 rows returned

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 29, 2009, 11:28:22 AM
20,000 dead civilians would be an easily provable or discredited charge. If proven and they were inflicted in a similar scenario rather than in some total war/third world war scenario I would be quite upset.

Similar accusations have been tossed at the US during the Iraq war.

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 11:31:13 AM

I know you are just trying to illustrate my point about the difference between fake offensiveness and actually be a truly unpleasant human being, but it doesn't really work coming from you.

Many people find me unpleasant I don't know why that doesn't work for you.  I try so hard!

Berkut

Quote from: Razgovory on May 29, 2009, 11:33:01 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 11:31:13 AM

Many people find me unpleasant I don't know why that doesn't work for you.  I try so hard!

Your second sentence explains the first.

0 rows returned

DisturbedPervert

From that article it doesn't sound like they really know much at this point.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on May 29, 2009, 11:49:48 AM
From that article it doesn't sound like they really know much at this point.

Hard to get verification when there's still a diplomatic and media blackout in Sri Lanka. :contract:
Experience bij!