20,000 Tamil Civilians killed; Valmy rejoices.

Started by jimmy olsen, May 29, 2009, 10:35:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on May 29, 2009, 11:49:48 AM
From that article it doesn't sound like they really know much at this point.

That is no reason not to report and assign blame though.

Later, when you find out you were largely wrong on 90% of the facts, nobody will care anyway.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Slargos

I'm sure their families value their sacrifice.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 12:08:29 PMThat is no reason not to report and assign blame though.

Later, when you find out you were largely wrong on 90% of the facts, nobody will care anyway.
God bless the British media.

Though they're not reporting it as facts.  They're reporting it as 'we think', 'he says' and so on.
Let's bomb Russia!

Razgovory

Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 11:35:14 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 29, 2009, 11:33:01 AM
Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 11:31:13 AM

I know you are just trying to illustrate my point about the difference between fake offensiveness and actually be a truly unpleasant human being, but it doesn't really work coming from you.

Many people find me unpleasant I don't know why that doesn't work for you.  I try so hard!

Your second sentence explains the first.

Well I suppose it's nice you find me pleasant.  But really I hope the International Brotherhood of Bouncers, Thugs and Goons local 29 breaks your legs.  Then charges you time and half for their services.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Malthus

Quote from: Barrister on May 29, 2009, 11:11:33 AM
It took 6 years, but Languish has finally offended me.

Because we didn't save you any?  :(

We would have, if we knew you were hungry.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Malthus

Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 11:19:12 AM

Really?

I find this kind of stuff stunningly boring. What can be offensive about someone *trying* so hard to be offensive?

I am frankly kind of amazed that people find it interesting at all - but even more amazed that someone would find it actually offensive.

Especially in contrast to languish at its truly worst, when people go to great effort to be as calculatingly cruel to one another as possible.

Aw, you are no fun.  :cry:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

:o BB, off the deep end?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Malthus

Quote from: The Brain on May 29, 2009, 01:25:39 PM

:o BB, off the deep end?

What happens when a Crown Prosecutor ... goes bad?  :shifty:

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2009, 01:22:44 PM
Quote from: Malthus on May 29, 2009, 01:09:44 PM
Aw, you are no fun.  :cry:

Yeah Berkut is quite the buzzkill in this thread. :(

Perhaps he longs for some "calculating cruelty".

Like Mono, with a hill of beans and a broken abacus.  :P

Barrister

Quote from: Berkut on May 29, 2009, 11:19:12 AM

Really?

Not really.  I was just leaving for a few hours anyways... :blush:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!