News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

vM v. Drakken - WitP PBEM

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 12, 2013, 11:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 12, 2013, 05:09:58 PM
Having (near-)division-strength SNLF units is nice. :)

These aren't in the version I am playing (in this version, the strongest SNLF units are over-sized battalions, and 60-70 assault strength).  What are these massive SNLF units called in the new version, and do you get them for free, or by combining existing SNLF units?

One of the things I discovered in playing this scenario is that units (especially divisions) are often weaker than their component units, rather than a bit stronger, as in the base game.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: grumbler on August 13, 2013, 10:14:41 AM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 12, 2013, 05:09:58 PM
Having (near-)division-strength SNLF units is nice. :)

These aren't in the version I am playing (in this version, the strongest SNLF units are over-sized battalions, and 60-70 assault strength).  What are these massive SNLF units called in the new version, and do you get them for free, or by combining existing SNLF units?

One of the things I discovered in playing this scenario is that units (especially divisions) are often weaker than their component units, rather than a bit stronger, as in the base game.

They are referred to as divisions, but are significantly weaker than IJA divisions.  They are roughly the strength of the IJA's reinforced independent brigades.  I don't remember what revision this was done in, but all the SNLF regiments were consolidated into divisions.  There are four (I think), and several independent SNLF companies as well.  The latter are perfect for stuffing in a light cruiser for raiding. :menace:

Drakken

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 13, 2013, 09:30:17 AM
I need to have the commander of a certain covering group... relieved. <_<

Winston Churchill receives a small piece of US Navy intelligence memorandum on the defence of Singapore and Malaya, based on interception of radio transmissions, and glares at his Chief of Staff.

"Whoever gaves those orders to the Malaya Army is to be tied on the beach of Mershing and left there to the Japanese. I bet Yamashita will reward him and make him a honorary General."  :glare:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Did Operation Sword of Damocles involve losing a CL and two AMCs?

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

CountDeMoney

Drakken

I am sorry for the longer delay this weekend, I have worked Friday evening, this morning, and I do tomorrow morning with very few hours at home. I will send the next turn by tomorrow evening.  :(

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.