News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

vM v. Drakken - WitP PBEM

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 12, 2013, 11:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

The Asiatic Fleet has balls, and four less destroyers.  Also, those outdated battlecruisers has a pretty good day today, despite some lackluster gunnery.

grumbler

Quote from: Ideologue on July 31, 2013, 09:57:37 PM
Something I always wondered about was the possibility of a Med mod for WitP.  I wonder if anybody ever did that.  Probably would have run into a stumbling block with the land model. :hmm:

There was a very-well-known (among people who followed the forum, anyway) "War in the Med" mod for the original WitP.  http://mathubert.free.fr/files_witp.htm#witm

The scale doesn't really work, and the lack of surface interception made surface fleets fairly worthless for sea control, but it was interesting.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ideologue

Ah, cool.  It's been so long since I followed the forums, that I wasn't sure if that was something I remembered, or something I made up.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

grumbler

Quote from: Ideologue on August 02, 2013, 09:47:05 PM
Ah, cool.  It's been so long since I followed the forums, that I wasn't sure if that was something I remembered, or something I made up.
I really wish PO or AE had added a surface interception mode (which the computer AI can, and will, pull off in AE, but the players cannot).  The game includes AMCs but they are just fast transports in the system as is.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2013, 06:04:04 AM
I really wish PO or AE had added a surface interception mode (which the computer AI can, and will, pull off in AE, but the players cannot).  The game includes AMCs but they are just fast transports in the system as is.

:huh:

Surface interception works in AE.  Every one of the surface battles this turn was an interception by my SAGs.

grumbler

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 03, 2013, 09:16:14 AM
:huh:

Surface interception works in AE.  Every one of the surface battles this turn was an interception by my SAGs.

:hmm:  I stand corrected.  SAGs will intercept other TFs if set to patrol (not remain on station or return to base), as of the first update to AE.  That's actually quite cool, and I appreciate the correction.  I don't think I have ever put any surface group but ASW TFs on patrol before.

Now the question is whether the IJN's AMCs are used better as commerce raiders or Fast Transport units.  I think I will play around with that.

Bayraktar!

Drakken

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 01, 2013, 10:36:44 PM
The Asiatic Fleet has balls, and four less destroyers.  Also, those outdated battlecruisers has a pretty good day today, despite some lackluster gunnery.

Lies from Daihonei hôdôbu, all lies from drones working for the Kampeitai.

Your 'mightly' outdated battlecruisers off PH encountered an fleet composed of not even destroyers (an aviation tender and three destroyer-minelayers), and I managed to hit two of your BBs and put the fire on one of your screens, while you sank absolutely nothing. First-rate gunnery, indeed, the pride and the absolute best of the Japanese Imperial Navy. :nelson:

I only lost two destroyers during that surface combat near San Fernando, yet again against and overeager anti-ASW squadron; one during the exchange blow, the other one sunk by a scavenging pack of 18 Kates with nothing better to do than waste bombs on an ailing destroyer. I still managed to place a shell or two on your cruiser, and batter two of your destroyers.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Yeah, so, maybe the Baker Island grab wasn't such a good idea. :P

Drakken

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on August 04, 2013, 10:49:03 AM
Yeah, so, maybe the Baker Island grab wasn't such a good idea. :P

When will I be able to watch it, Tojo?  :P

Alcibiades

This is going way too slowly, what is it, December 8th?   <_<
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Drakken

Quote from: Alcibiades on August 05, 2013, 09:05:24 PM

When he sends me the save file, December 10th.

It's perfectly normal for the first month or so that the Japanese player takes more time, first we both have lives, and he must also adapt his plans to my unexpected situations and unforeseen difficulties. Later in January, most turns will take about an hour. WITP is a BIG game.

Alcibiades

Quote from: Drakken on August 05, 2013, 09:32:50 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on August 05, 2013, 09:05:24 PM

When he sends me the save file, December 10th.

It's perfectly normal for the first month or so that the Japanese player takes more time, first we both have lives, and he must also adapt his plans to my unexpected situations and unforeseen difficulties. Later in January, most turns will take about an hour. WITP is a BIG game.

I understand how big of a game it is.  Just saying, something here has to go.  :contract:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Ideologue

Oh please give me an AAR of your LIVES.

:P
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Alcibiades

Drakken

TURKEY TROTS TO WATER GG FROM CINCPAC ACTION COM THIRD FLEET INFO COMINCH CTF SEVENTY-SEVEN X WHERE IS RPT WHERE IS KIDO BUTAI RR THE WORLD WONDERS