News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

vM v. Drakken - WitP PBEM

Started by Baron von Schtinkenbutt, July 12, 2013, 11:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

It would have been glorious.  The smaller guns, the thin armor, the slow engines...really the Wyoming was Wyoming represented in steel.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Neil

I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Drakken

Turn 2 for December 8th sent.

Hopefully MB will quickly see that I am not a proponent of the Sir Robin strategy, either. That can impact him psychologically and make him do mistakes.  :cool:

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Drakken, you a member of the Matrix forums?   I'm thinking of duplicating my AAR over there (the first installment of which should be posted tonight).

Drakken

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 30, 2013, 03:55:17 PM
Drakken, you a member of the Matrix forums?   I'm thinking of duplicating my AAR over there (the first installment of which should be posted tonight).

Yes, I am a member of the Matrix forums, however I lurk there when I need help. I haven't posted something there in years.

So if you make a AAR I will not read it, so it won't give me any undue info.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Today was not a good day to be stationed on a British MTB.

Drakken

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 30, 2013, 09:15:34 PM
Today was not a good day to be stationed on a British MTB.

Their dutiful sacrifice for King and Country will be well remembered, even though their vessels weren't dreadnoughts.

Neil

The RN dreadnoughts will avenge their little friends.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

The only thing the RN dreadnoughts will avenge is coral reef depletion.

Drakken

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 30, 2013, 11:55:17 PM

Which will be duly fortified with the hulls of your pitiful, outdated 1920s battlecruisers which pass for battleships.

Neil

Will the Japanese dare bring enough dreadnoughts against them, since there are American dreadnoughts to worry about?  And air attack isn't a worry.  After all, when have aircraft destroyed a dreadnought that was underway and properly manned?

Viking

Quote from: Neil on July 31, 2013, 08:16:18 AM
Will the Japanese dare bring enough dreadnoughts against them, since there are American dreadnoughts to worry about?  And air attack isn't a worry.  After all, when have aircraft destroyed a dreadnought that was underway and properly manned?

Any naval power which could properly man a dreadnought could afford to provide it with air cover. Except of course Force Z. Before force Z Italian ships cowered in ports afraid of british dreadnoughts, after force Z they cowered in ports afraid of british aircraft.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Viking on July 31, 2013, 01:05:28 PM
Quote from: Neil on July 31, 2013, 08:16:18 AM
Any naval power which could properly man a dreadnought could afford to provide it with air cover. Except of course Force Z. Before force Z Italian ships cowered in ports afraid of british dreadnoughts, after force Z they cowered in ports afraid of british aircraft.
But clearly that's not the case, as the convoys to Russia operated without air cover, and the CAGs in the Med convoys were outmatched to the degree that you certainly couldn't consider it adequate air cover.  As for the Italians, it was when they were cowering in their ports that they were vulnerable to aircraft.

Ideologue

Something I always wondered about was the possibility of a Med mod for WitP.  I wonder if anybody ever did that.  Probably would have run into a stumbling block with the land model. :hmm:

I doubt anyone ever even floated the idea of a battle of the Atlantic mod, though that would also be pretty cool.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Drakken