News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My first credit refusal in years...

Started by viper37, August 09, 2013, 03:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

katmai

Heh went to get a new car. No dice as since I work contract/1099 jobs and no credit history for last 20 years no loan for me. Just have to go buy car in cash.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Grey Fox

I have never been denied credit. Once American Express gave me 8k$ has a limit while I was unemployed.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Admiral Yi

I thought the deal with Amex is you have to pay off the balance at the end of the month.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 10, 2013, 07:46:49 PM
I thought the deal with Amex is you have to pay off the balance at the end of the month.

:huh:

You can carry a balance.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

I just thought the main thing about AmEx is that you have to pay a fee every year.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2013, 07:49:30 PM

You can carry a balance.
depends on the card from them.

garbon

Quote from: katmai on August 10, 2013, 07:54:33 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2013, 07:49:30 PM

You can carry a balance.
depends on the card from them.

Ah, gotcha.

garbon

katmai

My regular Amex has no yearly fee and doesn't need to be paid off every month, yet my
Bussiness card has both the fee and must be paid off. Don't ask me how that works. :lol:

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: katmai on August 10, 2013, 07:30:12 PM
Heh went to get a new car. No dice as since I work contract/1099 jobs and no credit history for last 20 years no loan for me. Just have to go buy car in cash.

That blows.  On the other hand: No car payments.

viper37

Quote from: garbon on August 10, 2013, 07:52:53 PM
I just thought the main thing about AmEx is that you have to pay a fee every year.
there's no real difference between AmEx and other credit cards now.  They have various type of cards, some still unlimited, I suppose, but most of them have a limit and an interest rate similar to other cards.  Some have yearly fees, some are free, depends on what they offer.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: katmai on August 10, 2013, 07:58:53 PM
My regular Amex has no yearly fee and doesn't need to be paid off every month, yet my
Bussiness card has both the fee and must be paid off. Don't ask me how that works. :lol:
well, I tried to increase my corporate card limit from 5000$ to 10 000$ and I was told it was impossible.  Both this and my personal master card are from Bank of Montreal.  I hang up, I call customer service for my card, got it increased from 10k to 15k$ in 2 minutes.

These guys are weird.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Caliga

Quote from: Admiral Yi on August 10, 2013, 07:50:38 PM

OK.
AMEX used to be that way (i.e. you had to pay off your balance monthly), yeah, but they changed.  I would guess they changed due to market pressure from debt-loving fools.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points