News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

My first credit refusal in years...

Started by viper37, August 09, 2013, 03:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 09, 2013, 08:45:53 PM
Debit cards don't have the same protections that credit cards do if I'm not mistaken.

I wasn't referring to debit cards, but debt cards.  People call them credit cards, but only because they're brainwashed by the Banking-Industrial Complex.  Credit is the illusion, debt is the reality.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 08:50:51 PM
Trail cams are cool as shit.  A buddy of mine has trail cams on and around his property, lots of wooded acreage up by the Pennsylvania line.  The kind of guy that races home and goes bow hunting after work. 
Came in to work one day, shows the photo and time stamp of his trudging home at sunset on one trail, and another photo approximately 5 minutes later from the same camera with a gorgeous 8 point buck in the exact same spot on the trail.  Swear to God, it was actually LOLing at the camera.  :lol:
Trail Cams are awesome.
Reminds me of the Pacfic Norwest Ghost aka Blacktail Deer. The craftiest mother fucking deer spcies I've ever hunted. I have 6-8 that hang out every evening on my three acres. I declared my property a "No-Fire" zone. However they are eating my flowers :mad:. I'll have to arrange a sit down with their union rep.  :P

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 08:54:04 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 09, 2013, 08:45:53 PM
Debit cards don't have the same protections that credit cards do if I'm not mistaken.

I wasn't referring to debit cards, but debt cards.  People call them credit cards, but only because they're brainwashed by the Banking-Industrial Complex.  Credit is the illusion, debt is the reality.

Maybe if you had to carry a balance.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on August 09, 2013, 08:59:34 PM
I'll have to arrange a sit down with their union rep.  :P

Uh huh.  And why do I think it'll go down Hoffa style?  :P

dps

Quote from: viper37 on August 09, 2013, 03:32:35 PM
I'm shocked  :P

I applied for an Amazon credit card, with the promise of a rebate on my next order.  Got the letter from JP Morgan chase saying I'm no approved.  Now, I just got an offer to raise my Master Card limit to 25 000$, but Amazon Visa is refusing me for a few thousand bucks... 

Sign of the times?  Banks do not give credit cards to anyone anymore? :)  Where will the world go if we can't have credit for 100 times our net worth??  :huh: :P

The problem's obvious--you're not an Amazon.  Wrong gender.

;)

Eddie Teach

Not true, we haven't been giving you any credit for years.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Experience bij!

Ed Anger

Discover turned me down once. DISCOVER.

Sheesh.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 08:32:28 PM
Hypocrisy, all of it.  Enjoy your debt cards, suckers.
your fear of credit is tragic :console:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 10, 2013, 08:05:39 AM
Discover turned me down once. DISCOVER.

Sheesh.

Rough. They gave me my first credit card when I was unemployed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on August 10, 2013, 08:18:58 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 08:32:28 PM
Hypocrisy, all of it.  Enjoy your debt cards, suckers.
your fear of credit is tragic :console:

My terms are strictly cash.  It's worked well for centuries.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 09, 2013, 08:54:04 PM

:huh:

CountDeMoney

Nah, of course that isn't on your wavelength, Captain Commodities.

Admiral Yi

It isn't on the wavelength of anyone who can understand 9th grade English.  Credit and debt are two sides of the same transaction.  The bank extends you credit, and you assume debt.