And we're back!

Main Menu

Johan hates EUII !!!

Started by sbr, May 28, 2009, 09:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oexmelin

Quote from: Josephus on May 29, 2009, 08:00:03 AM
That's true.

It's like rock singers will always say their newest album is the best, even if they know it's a piece of shit.

You will never, ever, hear a rock singer say, "Our new album is OK. It's not half as good as anything we've done before. It could be better."

Que le grand cric me croque !

Caliga

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2009, 10:02:52 AM
If EU2 sales were so horrid why the hell did he make an EU3?

I thought the whole point of sequels was to take advantage of the success of the previous versions not to reinforce failures the owner of the company hates.

But then this is Paradox.

Perhaps EU "3" was already in development when they decided they needed money quicker and therefore released EU2 first, which from a game engine standpoint is practically identical to EU1 and thus may not have been a whole lot of effort to produce?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2009, 09:14:03 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2009, 10:02:52 AM
If EU2 sales were so horrid why the hell did he make an EU3?

I thought the whole point of sequels was to take advantage of the success of the previous versions not to reinforce failures the owner of the company hates.

But then this is Paradox.

Perhaps EU "3" was already in development when they decided they needed money quicker and therefore released EU2 first, which from a game engine standpoint is practically identical to EU1 and thus may not have been a whole lot of effort to produce?

This seems unlikely since EU3 required technology not yet produced.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Martinus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 29, 2009, 05:44:36 AM
I hope Johan got banned for that.
Yeah, dissing Paradox games like that. :P

Josquius

Quote from: Josephus on May 29, 2009, 08:00:03 AM
That's true.

It's like rock singers will always say their newest album is the best, even if they know it's a piece of shit.

You will never, ever, hear a rock singer say, "Our new album is OK. It's not half as good as anything we've done before. It could be better."

I dunno. Its not just marketing, often they do genuinly believe that- they've become interested in a sort of music different to that which made them big and so produced something in that direction. Much to the anger of their fans.
And then of course there's the obvious that if you've worked your arse off on it very recently you will be more proud of it.
██████
██████
██████

Jaron

Johan, I agree with you. Your games are shit.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

PRC

The Brain

I support Johan against all haters. People think it's all glamour in the games business but it's also a lot of hard honest work.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Palisadoes

I've been meaning to get round to buying EU3 (with the IN expansion). Does the complete pack contain IN already installed??

As for EU2 putting Paradox on the map, well my first Paradox game was HoI1. I'd lurked those forums since getting that, though I didn't join until recently.

Drakken

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 06, 2009, 07:12:00 AM
I've been meaning to get round to buying EU3 (with the IN expansion). Does the complete pack contain IN already installed??

As for EU2 putting Paradox on the map, well my first Paradox game was HoI1. I'd lurked those forums since getting that, though I didn't join until recently.

EU3 Complete includes both NA and IN.

Tamas

Quote from: Palisadoes on June 06, 2009, 07:12:00 AM

my first Paradox game was HoI1

Just FYI, you are part of the group who ruined Paradox.

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Tamas

Quote from: Caliga on June 09, 2009, 12:18:22 PM
:huh:

Paradox should have never made a WW2 game. There are people who love history, and there are people who wank on german uniforms and crazy balkan maps. The latter should have been kept out of the Paradox community.

Slargos

Eu2 is clearly superior to Eu3 in one capacity: MP.

Tamas

Quote from: Slargos on June 09, 2009, 01:02:15 PM
Eu2 is clearly superior to Eu3 in one capacity: MP.

Sure because repeated play can yield more benefits due to getting to know the historical leaders and stuff.