News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Two kids killed by a boa in New Brunswick

Started by viper37, August 05, 2013, 01:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2013/08/05/nb-two-die-boa-attack.html

Two children died after a large snake got into an apartment in Campbellton, N.B.
The snake is believed to have gotten loose from an urban zoo called Reptile Ocean. The victims were reportedly five and seven years old. They were in the apartment above the zoo.
Initial reports suggest the snake was a boa constrictor. CBC is trying to confirm the details.
"The city is in shock," said Deputy Mayor Ian Comeau.
He added that the giant snakes have only been legally imported since 2009.
Police have not yet commented on the case, and it's not yet clear how the snake escaped.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

garbon

I think this is a time, viper where you need to give us your own commentary.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

KRonn

Damn snakes. Scary thinking of how those kids were killed, I assume crushed by the Boa. Sheesh, so sad.  :(

Maximus

QuoteThey were in the apartment above the zoo

Not quite sure what to make of that. Not that the zoo has apartments above it, but that it has only one apartment above it.

garbon

Quote from: Maximus on August 05, 2013, 02:11:38 PM
QuoteThey were in the apartment above the zoo

Not quite sure what to make of that. Not that the zoo has apartments above it, but that it has only one apartment above it.

Other articles note that it is a pet store/reptile zoo and town only has some 7,000 residents.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

This seems kind of hard to believe to me.  One I can understand, but two?  That must have been one hungry-ass snake. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

viper37

Quote from: garbon on August 05, 2013, 01:55:24 PM
I'm surprised of this happening in Canada.  I thought rules for keeping dangeroux&exotic animals like this were far more stricter than to allow a family living above such a place.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Viking

yeah, cause boa37 only commented "nom nom"
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

DGuller

Quote from: Viking on August 05, 2013, 05:41:04 PM

yeah, cause boa37 only commented "nom nom"
:pinch:

Viking

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

ConstrictorPlates#3: Sounds like kids just wern't fast enuff IF U CANT OUTRUN A SNAKE WAT GUD R U

Siege

Didn't you guys believe in natural selection?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Viking

Quote from: Siege on August 05, 2013, 06:26:57 PM
Didn't you guys believe in natural selection?

No, I just accept it as being part of the best explanation for the available facts out there. Empathy for random infants of my own species is actually highly evolutionarily adaptive since they are highly likely to be either related to me or related to people who are in my in group. So, yeah, altruism evolved.

viper37

more details:
-it was a python
-it happened during the night
-the kids were staying at one of their friends's place, they were not at home.

Malthus

It is hard to understand how it could have bagged two kids so silently that no-one noticed. One, sure, but two?
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius