NAFTEXIT: Congress or no Congress, that is the question?

Started by viper37, November 11, 2016, 10:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on November 11, 2016, 02:03:46 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 11, 2016, 01:48:46 PM
You don't run on such outrageous fringe concepts, garner electoral support for them, surround yourself with like-minded operatives that know how to push them through government, and then NOT follow through.

Oh, I think we all have a clue what he will do.

We don't know how magic works, so we don't know what magical thinkers will accept as true magic and what they won't.  I think it is entirely possible that, if Trump says he has solved a problem, his followers will believe it, even if he appears to have done nothing.  They absolutely will ignore the man behind the curtain.

Indeed. Besides, it isn't like he has to worry all that much unless we are thinking of him like a traditional politician who is already strategizing how to get his next 4 years.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

A lot of the problems Trump is supposed to address seem to me largely imagined, so I guess it won't be hard to claim he's solved them.

dps

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on November 11, 2016, 10:38:53 AM
Trump is advocating an almost Henry Clay style "American System", protectionism

My stepdad was a big fan of Henry Clay.  I wonder how he'd feel about Trump.