Started by mongers, August 02, 2013, 06:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Viking

Quote from: Maximus on August 04, 2013, 02:05:37 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 04, 2013, 11:32:26 AM
(lead in feet) X 304.8 = lead in meters
Do you miss a lot?

obivously, he was trying to hit to the left of the three but his poor aim put the bullet hole between the 4 and the 8. Either that or he meant "millimeters".
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Neil

Quote from: Maximus on August 04, 2013, 02:05:37 PM
Quote from: Siege on August 04, 2013, 11:32:26 AM
(lead in feet) X 304.8 = lead in meters
Do you miss a lot?
:lol:

Siege is an Arab, so shooting right up in the air is part of his special skillset.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2013, 06:41:30 PM
You've ended up here arguing the toss with people you regard as inferior, so the story of decline is a given.  :hmm:
Ah.  Don't be coy, now.  Who are the "inferior" people to whom you refer?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on August 05, 2013, 06:19:52 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2013, 06:41:30 PM
You've ended up here arguing the toss with people you regard as inferior, so the story of decline is a given.  :hmm:
Ah.  Don't be coy, now.  Who are the "inferior" people to whom you refer?

I see your reading comprehension fails you:

with people you regard as inferior.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on August 05, 2013, 06:32:22 AM
Don't be so coy; tell me who it is that I regard as inferior.  You keep beating around the bush.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on August 05, 2013, 08:56:36 AM
Don't be so coy; tell me who it is that I regard as inferior.  You keep beating around the bush.

No need for me to do that, a fair part of your posting history here demonstrates that for itself.

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on August 05, 2013, 09:08:01 AM
No need for me to do that, a fair part of your posting history here demonstrates that for itself.

So you are going to weasel out of naming names, eh?  I suppose I will never discover who it is here that I "regard as inferior."  :(

OTOH, I suppose I can live with that. :w00t:

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

Quote from: Ed Anger on August 05, 2013, 09:28:37 AM
This is turning into the Sitzkrieg.

I think it is over.  Mongers will tell me what I think, but not in enough detail to be really interesting.  I can still live out a full and happy life, though.

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on August 05, 2013, 09:26:41 AM
Quote from: mongers on August 05, 2013, 09:08:01 AM

So you are going to weasel out of naming names, eh?  I suppose I will never discover who it is here that I "regard as inferior."  :(

OTOH, I suppose I can live with that. :w00t:

Notice how you weaselled out earlier on your claim that it was I that regard others as inferior, whereas I'd said you regarded.

Don't worry your posts and posting style will stand the test of time as proof regards you condescending attitude to some others here.

What I am surprise about in this exchange is your failure to bring out 'old grumblers nugget' about how it was the other poster who was first to resort to ad hominem.

That claim of yours was always good for a laugh, so overall I'll have to mark down a bit and give your contribution a B+ on entertainment value.  :)

Neil

Quote from: grumbler on August 05, 2013, 08:56:36 AM
You want him to tell you what you think about people?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

grumbler

Quote from: Neil on August 05, 2013, 09:43:18 AM
You want him to tell you what you think about people?

He's the one who brought it up, so he must know.  I'd like to know that myself.

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on August 05, 2013, 09:38:37 AM
Notice how you weaselled out earlier on your claim that it was I that regard others as inferior, whereas I'd said you regarded.

Ah, it is always more fun when you drop the weasel in favor of the outright lie! :thumbsup:  I never said anything about you regarding people as inferior.

QuoteDon't worry your posts and posting style will stand the test of time as proof regards you condescending attitude to some others here.

A whole weasel farm, here.  :(  If you had actual examples of me telling people they are "regarded as inferior" you would presumably be posting them, so can we presume that you have nada?

QuoteWhat I am surprise about in this exchange is your failure to bring out 'old grumblers nugget' about how it was the other poster who was first to resort to ad hominem.

That claim of yours was always good for a laugh, so overall I'll have to mark down a bit and give your contribution a B+ on entertainment value.  :)

Sorry, are you posting here about what I am actually posting, or what you wish I would have posted?  Giving a grade on something never posted seems a bit dotty to me, but to each, his own.

Bayraktar!