Grumbler's Guide On How To Make Friends And Influence People

Started by mongers, August 02, 2013, 06:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on August 02, 2013, 07:24:42 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 02, 2013, 06:07:25 PM
Since this is a first hand account, what other information would need to be added to meet 'your standard'?

A second source would be good, and a publication in a new medium that engages in fact-checking would help.

But stories don't have to meet my standards for you to draw conclusions about public policy.  Feel free to continue to follow tabloid-journalism standards of evidence, and ignore that background noise (which is all the sensible people laughing at you).  Trust me - you can't hurt your rep at this point.

I feel sorry for you, what drives your need to insult people?

Hopefully it's curable. :unsure:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2013, 06:05:10 AM

:lol:  Maybe my "need to insult people" is "curable," maybe not.  Your rep isn't curable. 

You needn't worry about it, though.  I am sure that many people live quite happy lives, as unaware of the fact that others laugh at them as you are that a blog entry isn't going to tell us either that "the war on terror is over," or that "the terrorists may have won on penalties."  Your claim that this story shows that an "East German like [sic] stassi [sic] state [sic] has been reborn [sic], but this time in the West" is amusing enough (especially with the fractured English) that I would encourage you to create more howlers like it.

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2013, 09:46:30 AM
  I am sure that many people live quite happy lives, as unaware of the fact that others laugh at them

How is that working out for you?

mongers

Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2013, 06:05:10 AM

:lol:  Maybe my "need to insult people" is "curable," maybe not.  Your rep isn't curable. 

You needn't worry about it, though.  I am sure that many people live quite happy lives, as unaware of the fact that others laugh at them as you are that a blog entry isn't going to tell us either that "the war on terror is over," or that "the terrorists may have won on penalties."  Your claim that this story shows that an "East German like [sic] stassi [sic] state [sic] has been reborn [sic], but this time in the West" is amusing enough (especially with the fractured English) that I would encourage you to create more howlers like it.

Do continue, you certainly have an amusing personality defect.   :cool:

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 03, 2013, 10:02:52 AM
  I am sure that many people live quite happy lives, as unaware of the fact that others laugh at them

Quite well.  Being sure of things is better when they are actually true, as opposed to being sure of things (like the "fact" that the British were getting ready to evacuate Cairo in 1940) because you read it in a novel.  I'll bet there are still people laughing at you for that one.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2013, 12:19:09 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 03, 2013, 10:02:52 AM

Quite well. 

Excellent, for a while I was concerned that your mean spirit was caused by some small amount of self awareness of how ridiculous you look when you go on the attack.

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 03, 2013, 01:14:48 PM
Quite well. 
Excellent
I am glad you have learned to recognize excellence when you see it.  I am, of course, too modest to call myself excellent, but I don't mind it when you do it.  :cool:

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2013, 02:09:48 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on August 03, 2013, 01:14:48 PM
Quite well. 
Excellent
I am glad you have learned to recognize excellence when you see it.  I am, of course, too modest to call myself excellent, but I don't mind it when you do it.  :cool:

I'm glad this thread turned into another opportunity for Grumbler to display his tact and modesty. :ccr:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2013, 05:23:15 PM
I'm glad this thread turned into another opportunity for Grumbler to display his tact and modesty. :ccr:

So am I.  It started out pretty feebly, but got stronger towards the end. :ccr:

Bayraktar!

mongers

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2013, 05:39:51 PM
So the converse of your life story.

I dare say you have no more idea about my life story than you do the "War on Terror."  :cool:

Bayraktar!

mongers

Quote from: grumbler on August 03, 2013, 06:09:34 PM
Quote from: mongers on August 03, 2013, 05:39:51 PM
So the converse of your life story.

I dare say you have no more idea about my life story than you do the "War on Terror."  :cool:

You've ended up here arguing the toss with people you regard as inferior, so the story of decline is a given.  :hmm:

CountDeMoney

I for one embrace the new GWOT.  Grumbler's War on Threads.

Siege

Quote from: mongers on August 02, 2013, 08:34:32 AM
Quote from: Brazen on August 02, 2013, 07:59:43 AM
It took me a while to realise this wasn't the Suffolk Constabulary from sleepy East Anglia. I suspect their terrorism operation is somewhat underfunded.

If no-one's had a word considering what I Google for work, I think I'm pretty safe.

As a side note, there should be lessons in schools on how to stay the right side of the law on the internet.

How do you teach people to hit an always moving target?

Too easy:

(time of bullet flight in sec) X (target speed in feet per sec) = lead in feet

(lead in feet) X 304.8 = lead in meters

(lead in meters) / (range to target) = lead in MILs

Now aim your rifle with MIL-dot scope, select your point of aim, which is lead in mils from your crosshair in the direction the target is coming, engage when target is on point of aim. This is the Trapping technique.

I do not recommend the Tracking technique unless the target is relatively close to you or moving very fast, because it involves moving your rifle tracking the target while trying to maintain your point of aim and then squeezing a shot.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"