News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Fed Succession

Started by The Minsky Moment, July 29, 2013, 06:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on July 30, 2013, 08:30:36 AM
I don't know, those people genuinely scare me.

Raz: Threatened By Non-Violent Fringe Ideologies
and the horse you rode in on

Ideologue

Quote from: DGuller on July 30, 2013, 08:26:15 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 29, 2013, 07:05:02 PM
I'm not saying that we should put people in camps, but if we were going to start putting people into camps, a professed belief in "hard money" would be a good category to start with.
I disagree.  The unmitigated success of that policy would justify the system of putting people into camps, and encourage its expansion.

You can never get rid of stimulus once it starts, eh? :D
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

Quote from: Ideologue on July 30, 2013, 12:20:40 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 30, 2013, 08:26:15 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 29, 2013, 07:05:02 PM
I'm not saying that we should put people in camps, but if we were going to start putting people into camps, a professed belief in "hard money" would be a good category to start with.
I disagree.  The unmitigated success of that policy would justify the system of putting people into camps, and encourage its expansion.

You can never get rid of stimulus once it starts, eh? :D
:hmm: Sounds like something a hard money nut might say.  You're probably not a hard money nut, but I'll keep you in mind in case I'm short of my quota.

Razgovory

Quote from: fhdz on July 30, 2013, 12:18:12 PM

Yeah, who would have thought that a person who is legally disabled is frightened by the prospect of people wanting to create a monetary system where the government won't be able to pay for services.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on July 30, 2013, 05:51:36 PM

Yeah, who would have thought that a person who is legally disabled is frightened by the prospect of people wanting to create a monetary system where the government won't be able to pay for services.

The point is that you might as well be "genuinely scared" by people who think the world is run by lizard people. They aren't going to gain a foothold anywhere important, ever. Life's too short to be afraid of imaginary things.

Tonitrus

I got into this thread hoping for some House Davion bashing.  :mad:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 30, 2013, 07:18:55 PM

Clans suck.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 30, 2013, 07:18:55 PM
Fucking Victor...
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: fhdz on July 30, 2013, 05:59:59 PM

The point is that you might as well be "genuinely scared" by people who think the world is run by lizard people. They aren't going to gain a foothold anywhere important, ever. Life's too short to be afraid of imaginary things.

What do you base this on?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on July 30, 2013, 07:38:40 PM
Quote from: fhdz on July 30, 2013, 05:59:59 PM

What do you base this on?

A modicum of common sense.

DGuller

You don't have to gain power to gain influence.

Razgovory

GOP is seriously looking at the issue.  I know the Gold standard is a plank in the platform for the Republican party in at least one state (Iowa).  The idea is getting serious traction.

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on July 30, 2013, 08:54:57 PM
GOP is seriously looking at the issue.  I know the Gold standard is a plank in the platform for the Republican party in at least one state (Iowa).  The idea is getting serious traction.

Okay Raz. Let me know when we've done away with the Federal Reserve and moved to an asset-based currency, will you? I'll be waiting patiently.

Razgovory

That would be a bit too late wouldn't it?

fhdz

Quote from: Razgovory on July 30, 2013, 09:08:14 PM
That would be a bit too late wouldn't it?

I can see how this plays well into your psychoses.