Spitzer and Weiner Lead in New Poll Because Scandal Brought Name Recognition

Started by garbon, July 16, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 01:11:03 PM
Is he though? Apart from his wife, who says she's fine, did he really hurt any of them women who voluntarily sexted with him?
Yes, he did.  :mad: Penises should be felt, not seen.

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 01:11:03 PM
Quote from: KRonn on July 25, 2013, 12:42:06 PM
How come feminists aren't all over this guy and his indiscretions towards women? Or maybe they are and I haven't been paying attention. He's a one man war on womyn!   ;)

Is he though? Apart from his wife, who says she's fine, did he really hurt any of them women who voluntarily sexted with him?

I mean I know that I'd posted that article about how many had had their lives ruined but that was down more to the media and them becoming public figures than Weiner being sexist.

Aside from any other reasons, his wife is probably also standing by him because he has a chance at a powerful political job. She has a significant job in the State Dept. and certainly wants to help tamp this down. Damage control.

He's sending nude pics of his body and private parts to women. I'm surprised that it doesn't cross the line to illegal activity, or is he sending this stuff just to women he knows and who are ok with it, except for them being in the news? 

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on July 25, 2013, 01:27:38 PM
He's sending nude pics of his body and private parts to women. I'm surprised that it doesn't cross the line to illegal activity, or is he sending this stuff just to women he knows and who are ok with it, except for them being in the news? 

By all accounts he met them/conversed on various profile sites and hence "Carlos Danger". Nothing illegal about sending photos to willing recipients.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/07/anthony-weiner-sex-scandal-texts-94749.html#ixzz2a4mESBRJ

QuoteMayoral candidate Anthony Weiner said Thursday that he may have engaged in online sexual relationships with up to three women since resigning from Congress in 2011.
"I don't believe I had any more than three," he said when asked at a press conference how many relationships since his resignation were sexual in nature.

He spoke with reporters after volunteering at a soup kitchen in an orthodox Jewish section of Brooklyn, a neighborhood lined with kosher bakeries where many women were wearing long skirts and some men sported black hats.

His comments came several days after a woman alleged that she had a sexually explicit online relationship with him more than a year after the former Democratic congressman stepped down from his seat after accidentally tweeting a lewd picture.
Weiner told reporters Wednesday that he estimated there had been six to 10 women with whom he had virtually engaged in total. He declined to give specifics.
"There were more than — there were a few, I don't have a specific number for you," he said, when pressed on how many women he had engaged. "There were a few. I said at the time of my resignation there have been six; I don't think in total there are any more."

Please do keep digging. :menace:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Phillip V

Sydney Leathers, publicly identified herself for the first time in an interview with “Inside Edition,” a television show, which released excerpts from the conversation. “I’m disgusted by him,” she told the show. “He’s not who I thought he was.”

During the interview, Ms. Leathers was asked whether she told Mr. Weiner that she loved him. “Yes,” she replied. Asked if Mr. Weiner had said he loved her, she replied, “Yes.”

Asked what advice she would now give Mr. Weiner, she said, “Stop lying, stop embarrassing his wife and get help.”
Mr. Weiner, in a news conference at a Brooklyn soup kitchen, said that in total, he had traded lewd messages with 6 to 10 women, including during the time he was a United States representative. But, he added, “I can’t tell you absolutely what someone else is going to consider inappropriate or not.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/26/nyregion/weiner-admits-more-online-exchanges-with-women-after-quitting-house.html

If Ms. Leathers cannot trust Weiner, what does that say?

KRonn

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 01:34:35 PM

By all accounts he met them/conversed on various profile sites and hence "Carlos Danger". Nothing illegal about sending photos to willing recipients.
Agreed.

garbon

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote from: Caliga on July 25, 2013, 02:42:39 PM
Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 02:16:57 PM
Ms. Leathers is an idiot.
An idiot with a hot ass. :)

Here is the real reason Cal sees no value in IQ tests.  There is no correlation at all with hot asses.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

garbon

KRonn - for you buddy

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/24/opinion/bloom-huma-political-wives/index.html?sr=sharebar_facebook

QuoteIsn't it time to call the spectacle of the suffering political wife, standing by her man in the media glare as he admits to his latest sexual offense against her, what it really is: spousal abuse?

CountDeMoney

Aside from any other reasons, his wife is probably also standing by him because he has a chance at a powerful political job. She has a significant job in the State Dept. and certainly wants to help tamp this down. Damage control.

Now, now, now...let's knock it off with the cynical "ZOMG WIFE IS POWAH HUNGRY HORE" stuff, already.  It's not like it was adultery, either.  Even the most scorned wife would concede that hot chat is a distant second to dipping your wick in every honey pot, and only they know the dynamics of their relationship.
Besides, they have a newborn infant.  That's entering into the matrix more so than if the kid was 14 or something.

Compare her to Mrs. Spitzer during his press conference confessional.  You know a lot of shit got broken in the house that night.

Admiral Yi

She has all the trappings of a power hungry hoor.  Political career, check.  Studied at the feet of the master, check.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

I really think we need to either program robots to lead us or appoint a benevolent dictator.  Democracy just doesn't work. :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points