Spitzer and Weiner Lead in New Poll Because Scandal Brought Name Recognition

Started by garbon, July 16, 2013, 10:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Anyway, I think we can all agree that it's time for Weiner to pull out of the erection.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on July 25, 2013, 10:46:29 AM
:mellow:

Can NYC really not find anyone better than these jokers?

Well Christine Quinn doesn't seem that bad.

On a different note though, I don't know why anyone would want to be mayor of NYC unless you are an independently wealthy billionaire looking for a real life sim city hobby.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

The Minsky Moment

The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

garbon

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on July 25, 2013, 10:48:46 AM
On a different note though, I don't know why anyone would want to be mayor of NYC unless you are an independently wealthy billionaire looking for a real life sim city hobby.
It would be cool if that were really true. :)

I tire of Manhattan.  I'm going to bulldoze the entire island and replace it with factories.

KRonn

Anyone running for office has too much of their private lives too visible, though what he was doing is beyond the pale really. Now I think Weiner should just go away. I could have gotten past his first indiscretions, if he could get help and move past it. But he seems entrenched in it and frankly pretty stupid about it and unlikeable as well. And is wife standing up for him so strongly. What's that all about? How come feminists aren't all over this guy and his indiscretions towards women? Or maybe they are and I haven't been paying attention. He's a one man war on womyn!   ;)

garbon

Quote from: KRonn on July 25, 2013, 12:42:06 PM
How come feminists aren't all over this guy and his indiscretions towards women? Or maybe they are and I haven't been paying attention. He's a one man war on womyn!   ;)

Is he though? Apart from his wife, who says she's fine, did he really hurt any of them women who voluntarily sexted with him?

I mean I know that I'd posted that article about how many had had their lives ruined but that was down more to the media and them becoming public figures than Weiner being sexist.