4001 - 6000
2 (4.3%)
> 6001
0 (0%)
I have no clue
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

merithyn

Okay, we've done the income thing. I'm wondering now what it costs for you to live. I'm NOT including variables like food, clothing, etc. I'm just curious to know what your housing, utilites, vehicles, and insurance cost you per month. This can include things like the weird taxes that Euros have to pay.

My family's monthly living expenses are ~2400/month. (That's gone up about $800 since Max got a job. For the last eight years our bills were in the $1500 - 1600/month range.)

EDIT: The amounts above are supposed to be in American dollars, so if you wouldn't mind doing the conversion before you vote..... :)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Valmy

More than I would like thanks to our stupid car payment and mortgage  :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Zanza

What is included in insurance? Health insurance is directly deducted from my payroll, so I don't really consider it a monthly bill. Without health insurance, I have fixed expenses for housing, utilities, communication, transport (don't own a vehicle), insurance etc. of less than 1000 Euro/month.

EDIT:
QuoteThis can include things like the weird taxes that Euros have to pay.
Must have missed that. What is a weird tax for you? Income tax? Social security contributions out of payroll?

Malthus

Heh good question. I'm not totally sure, since some stuff my wife pays on our behalf, but insurance plus communications plus property taxes plus utilities plus gas for the car probably totals around $1500 per month.

This is a trifle misleading though, as I own outright my house and car.

Ed: just to be sure, I'll vote over $1500.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

garbon

Oh I voted no clue before I read your post and saw what you specified. I know all of that. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

With mortgage, car, auto insurance, condo fees, cable, phone, electricity, etc., I'm at around $2,300 to $2,400 a month, but $500 of that is the fucking lifeblood-sucking vampire called my COBRA healthcare.

Zanza

Unless I buy something really expensive (like an exotic three-week vacation), I always have more money at the end of the month than at the start. That's all that really matters... ;)

CountDeMoney

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 16, 2013, 09:15:04 AM
With mortgage, car, auto insurance, condo fees, cable, phone, electricity, etc., I'm at around $2,300 to $2,400 a month, but $500 of that is the fucking lifeblood-sucking vampire called my COBRA healthcare.

Actually, upon further review, I'm really at around $2,100ish a month.  But that fucking COBRA ain't helping.

merithyn

Quote from: Zanza on July 16, 2013, 09:13:18 AM
What is included in insurance? Health insurance is directly deducted from my payroll, so I don't really consider it a monthly bill. Without health insurance, I have fixed expenses for housing, utilities, communication, transport (don't own a vehicle), insurance etc. of less than 1000 Euro/month.

EDIT:
QuoteThis can include things like the weird taxes that Euros have to pay.
Must have missed that. What is a weird tax for you? Income tax? Social security contributions out of payroll?

For some, health insurance is a monthly bill. For others it's an auto-deduct from your paycheck. You can decide for yourself how you want to count it.

The weird taxes are like the living tax that they have in England. (I don't remember what it's called.) As well as the "watch TV" tax, etc.

merithyn

Quote from: Malthus on July 16, 2013, 09:14:28 AM
Heh good question. I'm not totally sure, since some stuff my wife pays on our behalf, but insurance plus communications plus property taxes plus utilities plus gas for the car probably totals around $1500 per month.

This is a trifle misleading though, as I own outright my house and car.

Ed: just to be sure, I'll vote over $1500.

I don't think that's misleading at all. I'm not asking what your assets are; I'm asking what you pay for your basic living expenses. If you own your car and your house, then should you, god forbid, get laid off or fired, you could live on a much lower budget than you're used to. That's more what I'm wondering.

Barrister

Our monthly bill just skyrocketed due to childcare costs. <_<
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Quote from: garbon on July 16, 2013, 09:14:54 AM
Oh I voted no clue before I read your post and saw what you specified. I know all of that. :blush:

Well? What's the real answer then?

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on July 16, 2013, 09:24:25 AM
Our monthly bill just skyrocketed due to childcare costs. <_<

:D

It's been kind of nice not being financially responsible for two of the four kids.

merithyn

Quote from: Zanza on July 16, 2013, 09:13:18 AM
Without health insurance, I have fixed expenses for housing, utilities, communication, transport (don't own a vehicle), insurance etc. of less than 1000 Euro/month.
payroll?

Hey, um, Zanza, did you vote 1000 or did you do the conversion to $? I think it's in a similar range, but I was actually thinking in dollars even though I didn't put that up there.  :blush:

Brazen

About $1800 for a one person, one-salary household, includes car costs but not petrol. Living in London beggars me.