News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Panera to retool latest pay-what-you-can idea

Started by garbon, July 10, 2013, 09:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

We had a Firehouse replace the Quizno's near my house.  A little gimmicky and not a whole lot of toppings to choose from, but I liked their Turkey sub I had.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: garbon on July 11, 2013, 02:12:30 PM
We have a chain called Lenny's here in New York, but googling seems to suggest that it is a completely different entity.

I'm thinking this is the one you mean: http://www.lennys.com/locations/

Yeah, that's the joint.  Damn, they're all over the place.  They have this hot pepper relish that I just love for some reason.  Otherwise they're pretty much a standard sub place, although they do offer a "large" size that is about two feet long as gimmick #2. 

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 11, 2013, 02:49:01 PM
Yeah, that's the joint.  Damn, they're all over the place.  They have this hot pepper relish that I just love for some reason.  Otherwise they're pretty much a standard sub place, although they do offer a "large" size that is about two feet long as gimmick #2. 

Subway used to have some good hot pepper relish in most locations, and now it's almost impossible to find. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 11, 2013, 02:24:32 PM
I sorta like Penn Station.
Great fries.  They also have decent cheesesteaks, though not as good as an actual Philly joint.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2013, 03:21:48 PM
Subway used to have some good hot pepper relish in most locations, and now it's almost impossible to find.

Huh.  I didn't know about that.  I wonder if they still have it at any of the places near my house.

katmai

I have never heard of this place or the Jimmie whatevers you people are going on about.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on July 11, 2013, 04:13:12 PM
Quote from: derspiess on July 11, 2013, 03:21:48 PM

Huh.  I didn't know about that.  I wonder if they still have it at any of the places near my house.

I hit a lot of Subways in my business travels, and in the last several years the only places I've found the stuff have been Iowa and South Dakota.  Otherwise, I have to settle for the pickled jalapenos.

Tonitrus

Quote from: katmai on July 11, 2013, 04:13:37 PM
I have never heard of this place or the Jimmie whatevers you people are going on about.

Straight Out of Philly was pretty good.

katmai

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 11, 2013, 04:19:27 PM

Where i go to fill my once yearly cheesesteak craving. :P

fhdz

Quote from: Tonitrus on July 11, 2013, 04:19:27 PM

crazy muthafucka named Cheesesteak
and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on July 11, 2013, 04:20:58 PM

I had some philly cheesesteak lean pockets a month or two ago. They're alright, but I prefer the chicken cheddar jalapeno flavor.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 11, 2013, 04:24:02 PM
Quote from: katmai on July 11, 2013, 04:20:58 PM

I had some philly cheesesteak lean pockets a month or two ago.

:x

Caliga

Jimmy John's started in Chicago. Bunch of them all over the place now.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points