Today's "Let's See How We Can Fuck Over the American Worker" Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, June 30, 2013, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 05, 2013, 01:12:04 PM
That's the best management decision you've made yet.
Forging a cordial relationship with CdM adds no value to the bottom line. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on July 05, 2013, 01:15:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 05, 2013, 01:12:04 PM
That's the best management decision you've made yet.
Forging a cordial relationship with CdM adds no value to the bottom line. :)

It's a value-added commodity.

Caliga

Quote from: merithyn on July 05, 2013, 01:14:04 PM
Cal, I have never mocked you, except maybe once or twice joking about the HR thing. I think the rest is pure silliness.

I do, however, say that I can't imagine ever hiring someone who thinks that it's okay to refer to his ex-wife during an interview as a cunt. That just raises far too many red flags for me to even consider it. You did what you felt you had to do, which apparently worked out for you. I would not have done so.
Ok, now that I think about it, I don't recall you ever doing it so I apologize. :hug:

I did what I needed to do at the time in order to keep a client happy and paying us, yes.

Caliga

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 05, 2013, 01:15:19 PM
He gave me one of those kindly smiles experienced people give to people who are well of of their depth and explained this was just the way the people in the camps spoke.  Its when they stop swearing and start acting politely that you know something is up and you need to be on guard.
Another anecdote I'm not sure if I've ever shared here: when I interviewed with my current company, I had to do a ton of interviews, and the last one was with the CFO.  I would say he dropped the F-bomb approximately 50 times during the interview. :lol:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Caliga on July 05, 2013, 01:20:01 PM
I would say he dropped the F-bomb approximately 50 times during the interview. :lol:

He can do that.

Caliga

The Brain

Quote from: Caliga on July 05, 2013, 01:18:21 PM

I did what I needed to do at the time in order to keep a client happy and paying us, yes.

This is an immensely important thing that somehow often gets lost in discussions. Customer focus is everything.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

See, this is why we need to Human Resource people like Cal.  The rest of you had no idea how to handle this guy.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

I wish people would stop bashing Cal. He's one of the nicest persons on this board and deserves better.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2013, 09:05:58 PM
I wish people would stop bashing Cal. He's one of the nicest persons on this board and deserves better.

Cal's a good fellow.  I've broken bread with him.  His wife's nice too.

He also had the decency of not being really tall, like so many people from Languish I've met: Tonitrus, Yi, Anchor, vonMoltke, Elegant Sophist, Scip.  Monsters, all.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Ideologue on July 05, 2013, 09:27:59 PM
He also had the decency of not being really tall, like so many people from Languish I've met: Tonitrus, Yi, Anchor, vonMoltke, Elegant Sophist, Scip.  Monsters, all.

Your premise is flawed.  By your logic, I'm the most decent person on Languish. :P
Experience bij!

Eddie Teach

Quote from: DontSayBanana on July 05, 2013, 09:31:29 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on July 05, 2013, 09:27:59 PM

Your premise is flawed.  By your logic, I'm the most decent person on Languish. :P

Mono & Meri are shorter than you I think.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on July 05, 2013, 09:34:14 PM
Mono & Meri are shorter than you I think.

Hmm, maybe Meri.  The number to beat is 5' 2" (I've given up giving my with-shoes height).  I'm that short.
Experience bij!

garbon

Quote from: Syt on July 05, 2013, 09:05:58 PM

Indeed, leave Calney alone! :cry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.